High y’all. Since I’m almost starting up again, it seemed a new diary would be in order.
A little tune to kick it off… I’m still a geezer!
Last month, my plantsitter killed all but one of my keeper SSDD’s while I was lounging around at the beach. Luckily, she was in veg and I was able to get some cuttings. Unluckily, it had been about 3 months since I had a cutting root, and that was out of about 40 I’d taken since Dec
I’d had good luck before with just setting cuts in a cup of water, or coco, but the mojo was gone, solid gone. So I figured I’d try a clone bucket I’d made a few years ago for peppers, if I could find it.
I did, and it was nasty… squirrels had chewed up the lid, and the tubing and emitters were gunked up pretty good… but the cheapo pump still pumped
After scrounging up some cleaner tubing and an irrigation tee, blowing out the emitters, drilling out a new lid, buying new collars, and running a bit of bleach through, it looked like it might work.
First root showed in 10 days, and after 16 days every single cut has some sort of roots… huzzah!
I also had some of Bodhi’s Herer Hashplant and @PlantShepherd 's BCSC NL#5’s seeds burning a hole in the vault, so I dropped 3x of each.
The HHP’s all germinated, but one is a bit runty.
2x of the three NL’s germed, so dropped 3x more a week later. 1x of those made it. I’m not sure what was up with that, but it’s ok because I usually get at least one gal out of 3… and the later one has caught up nicely.
The new gang.
They are all between 4 and 5 nodes right now. The last seeds I ran got 48 hrs of dark when they hit 6 nodes, which seemed to make them show sex about a week and a half, or two, earlier than what mine usually take. So, I’m going to do that again… wish I could remember who to tip my hat to for that tip.
The mother of these cuts, the lone survivor from the apocalypse, went into a 2 gallon airpot, w/coco and perlite, a few weeks ago. She’s been vegging, and sort of getting shaped under a 315.
This cut of SSDD seems to fill out the nicest when they get flipped right around 2’. With just over 5’ from floor to the lights, I can usually manage her stretch, too. She’s almost there.
Krinkle cut on her leaves seems to be an SSDD trait.
So since there’s nothing blooming in this usual bloom space, I’ll let her finish vegging under 240QB’s and a 315.
It’s a pain in the rear to raise and/or lower those lights, so I just lower the plants as they reach for their full feminine puchritude
On another note, I’m still waiting for reports on the Alunas… I’ll put them up in the other thread, but they seem to be very likeable
Thanks for looking in, and watch your noggins