Hidden room build. Help

@Old-Ron i would definitely be sure to clean it really well.

1 Like

@DesertGrown yea it could really produce, I wouldnā€™t mind someone saying take it slow just maybe put up t5 and led in their own tent. And go from there. I was only going to run one 600w HID.

1 Like

I agree. Nothing wrong with using a little elbow grease to save a few hundred bucks.

1 Like

Where are your air conditioners and outtake hole in relation to this drawing?

1 Like

1 Like

Maybe Iā€™m being way to paranoid about smell. I did dry about 12 plants in there. Running both ACs for about a week. U could catch a good whiff hit you in the face when Iā€™d open then door to go in and trim. Had 2-3 lbs never really totaled the weight! :thinking::sunglasses:

1 Like

I have a 4x8 Iā€™m pleased with. The brand is Zazzy. I had never heard of them but it was the best combination of positive reviews and price I found on Amazon when I was shopping six months ago.

I later added a 5x5 and bought a Vivosun. The quality doesnā€™t compare to the Zazzy. The Vivosun feels cheaper in materials. It works, but if I had to do it againā€¦

Good luck with the project!

3 Likes

Thanks man! Never heard of Zazzy! Iā€™m going to look into those. I think I should get At least one 5x5 to See how like it. Never used them.

1 Like

I fully agree with the ā€˜take it slowā€™ statement. Itā€™s the way to do it, you donā€™t want things to get over complicatedā€¦ ever. It takes away from the positive experience and can throw you for a loop.

Iā€™ve been using a T5/600W HPS lighting system for close to 30 years and they have always worked well for me. Iā€™m not an LED guy just yet.
I have a 4ā€™ x 4ā€™ x 7ā€™ Oasis tent in my garage that I bought back in 2009 and still use, but I mostly use it from Autumn -Spring.

It gets too hot in my garage during the summer months to grow anything in there. I use a wooden shed with a small swamp cooler on it to keep plants cool enough to grow during our hot summers.
My 600 HPS performs very well in that tent and Iā€™ve probably grown somewhere in the neighborhood of 5,000 plants in that tent since I bought it. A 600W will perform nicely in a 5ā€™ x 5ā€™ tent too.
I donā€™t think thereā€™s really that much of a significant difference between tentsā€¦ all you really need is a floor, a ceiling and walls to keep light out during dark periods.

The only humidity problem I have where I live, is that there is no humidityā€¦ itā€™s extremely dry around here. Today was 109Ā° w/6% humidity, right now itā€™s 10:02 pm and itā€™s 86Ā° w/23% humidity.
Iā€™ll have to figure something out about growing in humid conditions in a month or so when I move to Illinois.

2 Likes

Yea I think Iā€™m going to buy one tent and start the led and t5. Start my autos first. A lot of stress waiting on seeds, equipment, construction. One tent run of autos will replenish my smoke as I work out the details on the bigger lights and exhaust and smell.

Thanks for your input @DesertGrown. Sounds like you were in a pretty good place last night!!! So appreciate the detailed response lol.

I tried to find an oasis tent on eBay but they didnā€™t have any listed. Thatā€™s a lot of plants for one tent to see!

1 Like

Checked humidity on my phone last night and it was 93% here. :weary:

Anyone tried those zipper doors that you can use to enter in and out of different grow rooms? Iā€™ve seen them on amazon for about 70 bucks.

1 Like

70 bucks!!! Da fuck Amazon! Please tell me you arenā€™t talking about theseā€¦

https://www.homedepot.com/p/ZipWall-HDAZ2-Heavy-Duty-Adhesive-Zippers-3-in-x-84-in-Includes-Knife-2-Pack-204900/203122824

Or even these!

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Homax-7-ft-Clear-Tarp-Zipper-Door-3142/206526231

Those last ones are like $10 bucks! If itā€™s not light proof enough make overlapping flaps out of panda plastic on the inside and outside. Better than getting hosed by Jeff Bezos.

I have done exactly that with the cheap ones before, worked just fine.

4 Likes

Yeah man, using one right now. Only issue I have after about 6 months is 1 side wants to come unglued every morning. Ive tried getting it to stick w gorilla tape- fabric glue is coming next.

Not sure if I show the install in my build out thread, but here it is:

But yeah, careful on Amazon, especially right now. Cheap stuff is jacked up in price bc of the pandemic. Those zipper doors are less than $20. Get a second as a back up, just in case.

3 Likes

I agree. Iā€™d go with the overlapping panda first as well.

2 Likes

Actually ā€¦panda film? Killz makes a flat white ceiling paint. Roll it on and your done. Doesnā€™t give you a water proof surface; though, I believe it inhibits mold and such.

1 Like

@Ginger_Rick here it is

1 Like

Oh well thereā€™s your problemā€¦ it has the word ā€œhydroā€ in it! Instantly raise the price by at least 200%! :laughing::joy::sob:

I mean itā€™s a nice looking door but Iā€™ll just save 60 bucks and do a tiny bit more work thanks Amazon.

1 Like

You could try these, I found them recently at my local hardware store.

5 Likes

Those are what i used.

2 Likes