High EC tap water

So the difference is just where the decimal point is I guess .

2 Likes

It seems to be missing a mineral analysis. No mention of pH, alkalinity, etc. Not a great report, I can see why you had trouble understanding it.

4 Likes

Youā€™re water isnā€™t that bad. If youā€™re really worried about it just buy an RO system off ebay, I bought a 5 stage RO system for like $65 bucks and never looked back.

4 Likes

Thanks @ReikoX , that makes me feel better . :smiley:

2 Likes

I will look into that . I fill jugs with RO water now for drinking . Have for years .

2 Likes

Numbers , mostly measurements on purity and contaminants, didnā€™t clearly say about magnesium and calcium.

2 Likes

Do you have a link for that . Iā€™m not seeing anything close to that price .

1 Like

This is what we used.

3 Likes

I currewntly use zero filters been thinking about RO @MysteryMoog if you could let me know in a month how you like it as far as using it filters what notā€¦please oh and how was the installation?

2 Likes

I can let you know nowā€¦haha used that for years at our old place for my plants. Best thing I got for them. Our new place it is not needed, as we have well water at about 50-60ppm. BUT my wife insisted we still use it, so I doā€¦except now I never need to change the filtersā€¦haha

3 Likes

Thanks , will be a different price on Amozon.ca though . Maybe I donā€™t need one . Like @vernal said , change to hard water nutes lose the Calmag . We will see how it goes before I ask wifey about spending some more coin . Sheā€™s been very understanding lately .

2 Likes

ok great so your happy with it, thats all i wanted to really know, So you feel buying it you got value for your money? @MysteryMoog hey thanks

1 Like

I just woke up, and oh noes I am outa luv alreadyā€¦I really do like the posts that I luv too.

1 Like

we have hard water, but worse its whats in it that isnt cal or mag, if it were not for the arsenic and lead and cloromine i would use it. just let it sit a day or bubble it.

1 Like

I got some persistent weeds outside, i used a cup of bleach in a 3/4 full 18 gallon tote and sprayed the weedsā€¦took a cple of weeks but it did what 2,4d would not.

1 Like

450 ec is alot in ppm at 500 scale thats almost double

Yep , I know . Thatā€™s why Iā€™m asking about how its going to affect my coco grow . First time with coco . I have plenty of experience with Hydro . Mainly Flood and drain with different medias but never coco . Iā€™m hand watering for this grow as well . That may change if things go ok .

2 Likes

Sorry I have only used coco mixed in with promiix cc40 mixed with hp, so I cant help there.

1 Like

Yep , Peat vs coco two different animals from everything Iā€™ve read . Iā€™ve been in soil for awhile but Iā€™ve been missing the fast growth of hydro so I thought coco might be the way for me . Iā€™m sure some the experienced soil growers will argue they can achieve the same speed of growth as hydro . I cant do it , but thatā€™s me .

1 Like

Get yourself an RO machine . With questionable water it is a sure way to know exactly what you are dealing with and go from there.
Goodluck :slight_smile:

1 Like