High EC tap water

I am no expert but coco is more like hydro, so it should be faster. I just think hydro is bland like, maybe its only me. But I like the tase better in soil. But thats what makes this place great! diversity of knowledge and experiences even cultures and how they do things in different parts of the world…don’t think its well known but its automatic saftey meeting someone mentions culture…back in 10

I don’t even smoke my own flower much anymore for reasons I wont get into Its mostly for family and friends . I cant tell the difference but I’m no longer a good judge . If this grow works out Ill get some feedback form peeps that have smoked both grown by me . Still just opinions . There is plenty of back and forth on cannabis forums about soil vs hydro for taste and smell etc. . Who knows . lol

1 Like

no Who doesnt know lol. I am in the same boat, barely get high anymore and I ust got the mmj. I do the same, have friends that dont know i grew it give me feedback. But If T do catch a mild buzz its something, and maybe once a yr catch a big buzz. the stone or buzz can not be simply higher thc,refuse to believe it. I got carts that are *n 80-90 percents the one brand for some reason extracts the terps, anyways they dont do it, more often it will be lowly flower that gets me that buzz

1 Like

its put me on a quest to find genetics that buzz me,knock my in the dirt shit, then only smoke that once in a while, and among the host of other issues i have insomnia and no sleep affects everything at my age…so a quest for a knockout indica…need about 4 different unrelated. Sorry to hear you cant smoke your own smoke.

My son loves being my main tester . lol

2 Likes

some of the longtime guys I used to party with have switched to oils dabs edibles and other ex’s tinctures

Alternatives to smoking flower . Sounds like a new topic . :thinking:

1 Like

EC is measured in mili-siemens (mS) and micro-seimens uS. They are exactly the same thing - just two different ways to look at it. That chart above shows how all the different scales compare.

One mili-siemen = 1000 micro-siemens. So when you say you have EC 400, that is exactly the same as saying EC 0.4.

Both of those are exactly 200 PPM on the 500 scale or 280 PPM on the 700 scale.

So you are correct if you say you have EC 0.4 or EC 400 or 200 PPM or 280 PPM.

However - you really should say what scale you are using to avoid confusion.

Your digital meter will let you change the scale.

Unless you have something really nasty in your water, I dont think EC 400 or a PPM of 200 is all that bad.

Just allow for that when measuring your nute concentration. For example - if you add some nutes and the meter reads EC 500, you know you really have EC 100 of what ever nute you are using.

3 Likes

I have well water that comes in at 420 ppm on the 500 scale and after going over my water report I just add some extra mag on top of my nutes and my grows go fine.
Like the other poster here mine was mostly calcium with only small amounts of mag, iron, nitrates. So to get the proper calmag ratio I add .5gr/gal of Epsom salts. I really only have issues with seedlings but have never had one die out

2 Likes

I picked up this cheap RO unit to deal with my super hard water. Solved my problem and made it so much easier to dial in my nutrients.

6 Likes