Hlv testing in Canada

Hello everyone just want to post up a thread for places doing testing for hlv.

I’m up in Canada and was emailing A&L for testing but they charge 80 per test which is ridiculous considering usa companies charge 25.

So I ended up emailing Tumi Genomics and they will send kits to Canada. Cost me and extra 50 to ship here plus another 80 for express overnight to ship back. But at 25 a test it cost me less than half what A&L would have charged me.

Here’s a email I sent to the person at a&l about the price.

Thanks for all your help but unfortunately won’t be sending you my samples as I found a place to test who charges about a 1/3 of what you guys charge. It’s in USA but even with the extra shipping costs it’s well under half what you guys charge.
I would suggest severely lowering your cost for these tests as I will be telling anyone and everyone who wants to test to send away to tumi genomics for a much more reasonable price point.
Just thought I should point this out as I would rather use a Canadian company but not when they trying to price gouge us for tests that really shouldn’t be that costly as they are $25 in the USA.
Hopefully your company comes to its senses and stops trying to price gouge its customers and charge a reasonable price

Hopefully they lower the price if they think people will go elsewhere.

5 Likes

The prices charged are largely a reflection of scale. Basically they have a larger (10x) market than Canada.
I’m a little surprised they are accepting orders from Canada, in the past, Customs has blocked that (wanting phytosanitary certificates etc).

Cheers
G

1 Like

Well they aren’t going to get my business by charging triple its competition in the states.
I’m pretty sure they don’t need to charge 80 for a test. There should be plenty of business in Canada to have the price point alot closer to 25, considering we are legal and have factories producing so much bud. Plus we are allowed too grow our own. Plenty of business.
Tumi told me they have companies from Canada using them, obviously because a&l price is much to high.

They send you the sample kit you put sample in send it back.

With other companies you send in full leaves I think.

But yes you are right American market is 10x bigger

2 Likes

We even had problem here if not in Cali at one time.

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes