Holy's Garden (Part 1)

Oh interesting! That name makes me think cookies but no sir! Looks like the Celestial Temple Sativa in there is from Federation Seeds and sounds pretty good! Been meaning to peak at his gear as he sounds like an interesting guy that might know his stuff too.

4 Likes

Dude same. The actual lineage sounds pretty damn good!

4 Likes

Late to the party, but yeah holys ssdd is strong but functional. Long lasting. Definitely has the butter smell, similar to what I found in a ssdd f3 female I grew out from a cross I made from 2 ssdd f2s that came from Sebring a few years ago.

I grew a couple of the f2 females, wasn’t blown away by them, but crossed what I got from really low germ rate- I’m no breeder, done a few pollination and that was my first. The male tho I used for making the f3s was loud and skunky stem rub, I think I got lucky w/ that f3 girl. She wasn’t strong like Holys but was really nice smoke and my wife’s favorite. I think holys is her favorite now, she hoarded the sample as soon as I brought it home.

14 Likes

Using those things in your garden is like slowly spraying your plants with poison. Might as well just set off a flea bomb in your tent.

4 Likes

Oh shit! @newb2.0 did you make f3 from Hoodini’s F2 run?
We were just trying to figure out where Doug’s SSDD f3’s came from!

4 Likes

I have no idea who made these, I thought they were from Sebrings work, he definitely distributed them. Was 2019 I believe and they were a year old I think. Idk. But I didn’t give any f3s out, I traded a few I think but only got like 50 total so I maybe traded w/ 2 people and for sure wasn’t Doug.

7 Likes

Indeed. The mystery continues

4 Likes

Wow great find !!!
i don’t use them and now never will !!!

6 Likes

ironically there is case law in toronto canada where someone was able to get paid 1k per plant from insurence lol. idk how many or when but i read it when i was trying to find out if my insurance would cover any damage if things happened.

really feel for you holyangel. always sucks to get those fucks and having to spend all the time and effort getting rid of them. you try the johnny one and done before?

2 Likes

Yeah just tossed some more plants actually… bleh. Veg tent looks good tho.

I have looked at the “one and done” a lot but I think I’m gonna try this for now as I already have everything but the tea tree soap.

TLDR;
For 2 quarts of mix:
1/4 cup tea tree castile soap
1/4 cup peppermint castile soap
1 tablespoon 3% peroxide
1 cup 70% isopropyl alcohol

Supposed to make just enough to do what you need and discard any remainder after use as it won’t maintain for long. Supposed to kill any soft body insect.

17 Likes

that seems to be easy to get ingrediants for me too. everclear in canada is like renting in new york just not in the budget to waste lol. i will be interested to see how this works for you and then add it to my aresenal. if i dont kill these poor seedlings

2 Likes

@Gonzo your system is good , never be complacent , ever

Don’t forget to quickly dry towel your head , hair , hands and lower arms and no shoes from outside ( also legs if wearing shorts that day )
Treat everything that comes into the grow room as suspect

If your vigilant then no need for the spinosad every time , unless you see a problem and if in flower you just ride it out till next grow and use spinosad then till the all clear

: )

4 Likes

I have used Johnny’s one and done and I can say it works. Had to use it 3-4 times but each time the pop of thrips went down until there was none.

More then one way to skin a cat though. all the ingredients for Johnny’s were around 100$ but it does make quite a bit.

8 Likes

yeah that was my understanding with it. not quite ‘one and done’ :wink:
I figure i’ll try this tea tree stuff since its cheap af and I only need to get the tea tree castile soap and if that doesn’t do it quick enough then i’ll splurge for the polysorbate and citric acid and stuff for the one-and-done spray.

16 Likes

The no pest strips will definitely fail. That’s when I decided they were useless I had so much dichlorvos in the air the spider mites were thriving but the plants were dying.

8 Likes

Well I’m done for now. Flower tent closed for the next month or two.

The younger(67 days) of the two TK I had in flower ALSO had spider mites :see_no_evil: Didn’t see any seeds in there while I briefly checked before I bagged her up. Went ahead and chopped the other, better looking one(imagine that, no bugs on it) that was at 75 days as I don’t want to risk it. Got the tent sprayed down and already been going at the room so hopefully that last plant stays good. No saving the other one.

Now to focus on vegging these JOTI NL’s and ensuring everything I have is 100% clean! May make a new thread later, idk.

28 Likes

please tag me if you remember if not i will find you… tries to think of creepy joke

6 Likes

Dude! Very sorry for your losses! Bugs suck! I used Capt Jacks Dead Bug brew for thrips and Nube’s IPM spray for spider mites. When bugs are present I spray every other day, rotating between the two, until I don’t see any bugs for weeks. Here’s the link: Bodhi Testers Summer 2020 - Passionfruit Hasplant (Lush X 88G13/HP) - #57 by nube

10 Likes

Thanks bro!

I do have the captain jacks and I struggled with it on thrips. This is just spider mites at least… I’ve been using Azamax and that kills basically everything in like two sprays but there’s a slim chance of it having pyrethrin’s in it and that’s why it works so well.

Means I need to take clones of clones in order to flower or could be smoking that stuff :pensive:

Whole spring plans this year went to shit. All the plants I hit with reversed TK pollen are dead now and in the compost save for my lone SSDD girl I’m still trying to reveg… Unsure if she’s even making seeds but she got the best looking pollen to do it with… Least got the best looking TK to smoke on soon so I’m thankful for that.

If I do start a new thread i’ll be sure to tag ya @204medismoke :wink:
And everyone else who has commented here regularly :slight_smile:

25 Likes

oh man thatś really hard ! i can feel your pain!

please tag me too!!! i don´t want to miss that out!

1 Like