Holy's Garden (Part 1)

If you smoke real sour d resin it becomes obvious that sour or fuel is pine. The “chemical” smell/taste doesn’t transfer. So is it sulfur used during growth? Idk but if you squish it it comes out lemon/citrus or pine very often.

6 Likes

That Swiss Thai Nevil 2 x NH21/MM is a unique looking plant, very cool man!

6 Likes

I’m all out of likes guys!

Yeah! She’s got a lot of sativa in her, that’s for sure!

I topped her and flipped at a foot and she grew to the top of the tent in ~3 weeks. I had to supercrop the two tops. The previous pics are from the right top against the back wall there. Don’t mind the chem4 peaking through in the front right here. Can’t even make out the TK, Chem91, nor the SSDD in there lol. I’m trying to keep her going right but it’s gonna take a bit of practice I think. Regardless, I’m excited :grin:

20 Likes

so I’ve had a couple of fuel buds and when I say fuel I mean fuel like gasoline.

I also grew a couple of Sannies killing Fields
and one Fino in particular tasted and smelled like rocket fuel like high octane racing fuel I could not smoke it… It would almost give me a headache just smelling it

12 Likes

Yeah, I’ve definitely had some flower with gasoline, diesel, rc nitro car fuel, and that high octane rocket fuel type smell before. Just been a long time since I’ve seen it :thinking: it definitely wasn’t that often that’s for sure.

11 Likes

yeah the killing Fields was just like that the nitro RC car fuel and I just couldn’t deal with it I posted that because I was just reading some of the above responses and I thought I was seeing people say they’ve never really tasted stuff like gasoline they say fuel they don’t really mean gasoline but I’ve had plenty that had gasoline diesel too

8 Likes

I always hated working with gear oil because of the smell!! Bearing grease smells just as bad!

7 Likes

I’m old enough to remember weed that smelled and tasted like diesel. From the drums they brought that shit in to cross the border!! Sure don’t miss those days!

8 Likes

Every once in a while we would get a brick that smelled and tasted just like diesel :grimacing: We actually preferred those buds because they were stonier than the usual Mexican weed :dizzy_face: That was literal diesel :joy:

6 Likes

I have a friend who really got into smelling and writing about different perfume samples for a while. She’s who I rely on to kind of confirm what I’m smelling and also to see if she notices things I haven’t (I used to rely on my girlfriend to do that, but she’s totally lost interest haha). Anyway, my friend said that she thought that BAH Church smelled “pine-y,” which, no, it does not. Or I don’t think it does, anyway.

Like you (and everybody else) said, people just interpret smells/flavors/sensations differently, but I do think that there are also totally unmistakeable smells that nobody could misinterpret, the anise of the old White Rhino being one of them.

It’s kind of like what I’ve read from DJ Short’s stuff about the juniper berry (which in my mind equals gin haha) and Blueberry and all that. I never noticed any juniper berry/gin, but apparently that’s what he was breeding towards and found.

I’ve siphoned gas and that’s actually a really good way to describe the smell/sensation of the Time Bandits I mentioned. Because when you siphon gas, you don’t even taste it by the time it hits your lips. The fumes from the tank, with that tube in your mouth, have already overwhelmed your taste buds and all of your olfactory capabilities haha. Which is how trimming that Time Bandit was. It’s a physical thing that’s totally off-putting (unless it’s weed haha). You just instinctively and without thought pull your head away and then force yourself to go through with it.

However, no OG, zero, ever smelled that way to me.

10 Likes

Most automotive techs have i would assume.

5 Likes

The country boy at my shop would always say the gear oil smelled like skunk pussy. I could maybe see how that would translate.

It would always just remind me of when I’d be looking for car parts in the junkyard after a rain. Junkyard Petrichor!

10 Likes

@nube, this was that Bubba Kush cut that hermed, at day 9 of flower.

I didn’t notice the balls until day 24/25 or so but they had to have come in around day 19-21. I did take some lowers off and trimmed the suckers a few days after this pic tho. Like two weeks into flower. Maybe that is what stressed her tf out? :man_shrugging:

12 Likes

In other news, new phone(pixel8pro) new pics

4x4

I meant to flip another Swiss Thai Nevil 2 this morning and maybe another BROG3 but didn’t have time :cry:

Was a bit hard to get a good shot of the SSDD from the “front” - Day 32 :arrow_down:

She’s doing good but most definitely hungry af. Not really anything I can do about it. Joy of not monocropping :sweat_smile:

Day 12 for everything else
Chem4 :arrow_down:

C5SensiStar F3 #5 :arrow_down:

She’s gonna put out :heart_eyes:

Chem91(Left) TK(Right) :arrow_down:

So very similar :thinking:

For the 3x3:

More Swiss Thai Nevil 2 x NH21/MM - Day 49 :arrow_down:

Chem 91 - Day 66 :arrow_down:

Those two beans should be Chem91 x NH21/MM F2 :grin:

Chem #4 - Day 66 :arrow_down:

And can spot a bean cooking at the bottom here that should be Chem #4 x NH21/MM F2 :grin:

Thanks for looking!

35 Likes

My pixel 3a takes pretty decent pictures outside but in the tent, and especially of trichomes, the pictures are always kind of weird looking. Trichomes look deformed and waxy for me. Pictures on your new phone look much better and even has pretty good clarity on the trichs as well. Cool to see how far along phone cams have come.

Plants look good too! C91 always has such a cool look to it with the dark green bud leaves contrasting the silvery buds.

6 Likes

Considering the camera’s are mostly the same from 10+ years ago, it’s actually pretty surprising! I’ve had and been taking pics with the Pixel 7 Pro for the last year now. Mostly with the 2x and sometimes 5x telescopic lenses. Usually without macro mode on as they seem to look better. I was pretty happy with those camera’s coming from the S22+ and the Oneplus 7 Pro. This Pixel 8 Pro seems marginally better overall comparitively :thinking: It’s definitely able to pick out the fine details(trichomes) better than the last one, but some of the pic’s seem to be a little noisier and/or out of focus from the shorter throw in the lenses on this one versus the pixel 7 pro. I guess it was supposed to be shorter and wider for better lowlight performance, but i’m really not seeing that (yet) :sweat_smile:

All my pics in this thread are point and shoot from my phone camera’s. I don’t own a real camera and I’m not doing ‘Pro mode’ nor messing with any other settings in the phone camera app. At most, I load them into lightroom and hit the ‘auto’ button to adjust exposure, cut the resolution in half so it’ll actually upload here, and strip the exif data.

16 Likes

Alright, lets see where we’re at in the 4x4.

SSDD F2 #1 - Day 35 :arrow_down:

Hungry for sure

Flowers lookin good tho!

Chem #4 - Day 15 :arrow_down:

C5SensiStar F3 #5 - Day 15 :arrow_down:

Chem91 (Left) - Day 11 :arrow_down: | | Triangle Kush (Right) - Day 11 :arrow_down:

Bubba Kush - Day 2 :arrow_down:

I’m not gonna touch this one. I topped her a week ago. I increased the flooding rate so she shouldn’t dry out completely. See if she stays stable this time or not.

and finally
Swiss Thai Nevil 2 x NH21/MM - Day 2 :arrow_down:

We’ll see how tall this one gets. I think she’s 6-8 inches tall right now. The last one went in at 12-14 and is somewhere north of 5ft :thinking: Had to supercrop her so unsure at the moment.

I found a pic of the ‘Swiss Thai’ aka Green Hornet’s 82 Thai, used in this plants parentage, in Green Hornet’s 05-06 catalog:

:yum:
The Nevil 2 part is 82 Thai x (Reversed) Nevil’s Haze #21.
Two cuts were chosen from this line for further work, #1, and #2. Mine is the #2 cut that was crossed to the NH#21 x Mullumbimby Madness to make the plant I’m growing. And I’ve now crossed it to a NH#21 x MM F2 male. Gonna be interesting :fire:

38 Likes

Where is the Kim D

3 Likes

lol I tossed the Chem D a week or so ago. Still got the mom but probably not gonna bother flowering her out. I’m betting I’ll be happier with the 4 and/or 91 anyways. And no nanners/herms on them, unlike the chem d that’s basically guaranteed to throw banana’s.

13 Likes

I swear the nanners are a defining trait with that bitch lol

5 Likes