Holy's Garden (Part 1)

I got some Wedding Cake x Bodhi’s Wake 'n Cake in a trade from someone a few months ago. Makes it a WC BX or IX I guess. A buddy of mine loves WC lol

Good call! The GC shines through in a lot of those. H&L says he aims for the GC leaners when selecting for Appy too.

9 Likes

Yeah Green Crack is his favorite and has been his sole selection through all the Appy Fgens’. It explains why I see the GC effects in most of the appy f2 crosses I’ve ran from bodhi and not much chem at all. I’m fine with that.

Apparently there’s two different Wedding Cake cuts?
One is Cherry Pie x Girl Scout Cookies, aka Cherry Pie BX1

and the other is Triangle Kush x Animal Mints… I’d think the TK cross would actually have some power behind it but it seems to be good luck trying to figure out which WC is which :thinking:

12 Likes

I haven’t checked against a dispensary in a year or so, because every time I think about it I’m like nah I’ll buy seeds or plant care stuff or just keep the money. But I did get a chance to do a little trading a month ago when I was at a bicycle race and ran into someone I know from the West Coast who had come out east for it. They had brought a few zips of Gushers from a farm they work with and I traded them a handful of my Blackwater x Apollo for some to try, I was curious to see how good West Coast commercial stuff compares to my homegrown a few years in. The Gushers was definitely juiced somehow, too hard and too green, plenty potent but the effect was meh and soft just sort of a muddled hybrid high that was pleasant but made me feel happy dumb. My shit I traded them will make you happy and feel great and positive in low doses and high AF and medicated but functional at high, it was no comparison. I’ve gotten a few dispensary things that were equal or better but they’re almost always older genetics that some grower at that op clearly insisted on because they’re still fire. That Grandpa’s Stash was one, some pure 88G13HP and NL#5 from another place, and this one producer that I swear is running the same Great White Shark cut I used to buy every fall in college twenty years ago in that area.

7 Likes

I think that one would be called Layer Cake but surely that name is taken already

3 Likes

Same here! Def prefer GC over the Chem crosses I’ve tried

I was told he used the Seed Junky cut, which is the TK x AM

Yea this kind of stuff is everywhere here too. A buddy of mine still buys shit that looks like that. It doesn’t even look like weed to me. It all has the same kind of core taste. Boring high. Bulbous nugs that are smooth as eggs lol. Shit doesn’t look right to me

8 Likes

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

100% this. it’s all bland and definitely doesn’t look right. Flowers ain’t normal that’s for sure.

In other news, I just picked up some Space Monkey popcorn from the dispo and it’s actually not bad!

Effects are there compared to most this stuff that’s bland. This makes me excited for all these F2’s I have!

26 Likes

Why are you showing us pictures of brussel sprouts? :joy:

16 Likes

lmao right! Figured it was better than no pics at least :joy:
Still doesn’t look right but its not bad compared to most of what I’ve seen for sale. Doesn’t hold a candle to my garden but this is the market I guess. Also nice to see that there’s some bodhi stuff out there. They had Tiger’s Milk too.

10 Likes

We haven’t bought any flower from the dispensary in a very long time. Sometimes vape pens, sometimes hash, but not flower. I figure we have enough of that and it would be silly. Except maybe for a Pepsi taste challenge :+1:

6 Likes

Yeah this is the first time I’ve been low in a few years and on limited selection. Got a christmas bonus so figured why not, lets see how the street and legal markets are looking compared to what I remember and what I’m doing now. See if there’s anything I’d wanna get seeds of or what have you. So far it’s been almost entirely disappointment :joy: Save for definitely making me wanna check out the Space Monkey F2’s.

9 Likes

This has also been my experience :joy:

5 Likes

Space Monkey for me has been superior to all the local home-grown GG4 & crosses as well as dispensary offerings. Tony Green did a great job with GG4 RIL and it is very potent but to me the Space Monkey is still preferred. Bet there’s some really great stuff in those F2s. What does your Space Monkey sample smell like?

That Milky Way looks incredible as do your SSDD F2s as well…

14 Likes

I agree SM is superior to gG4 or any gG4 cross I have tried yet . Better taste better high grows better

10 Likes

Hmm it’s a bit muted but I’m getting like a diesel/floral/pine scent from this jar :thinking:
Not that standard Glue flavor that’s for sure. Hopefully the Space Monkey is as stable as I’ve seen people grow them. I grew out a whole pack of GG4RIL from the Group Grow Show packs that went out here and got 100% herms so I never got to try that.

9 Likes

My first space Monkey female did self-pollinate on one bud and it resulted in 6 seeds. The smell was similar to that dispensary sample in its profile but it was very high odor. I Tested out those “selfed” seeds and the offspring were stable, extremely impressive and ultra potent. Some cool phenos in there including pure lavender. None of the other Space Monkey females had issues with stability for what it’s worth. The pure pine pheno of Space Monkey was very stable for me when stress tested as well.

Sucks to hear about the GG4 RIL, I think I read a few other people on ICmag had similar issues. I assume with any GG4 genetics the risk is always there, Space Monkey included.

11 Likes

Dank as f props on the grow @HolyAngel :100: :fire: :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

Just some info if you have my Space Monkey F2.
It was a 1 to 1 F2. Using a very similar structured male and female. Stem rubs were similar as well. Tropical/Chem/Pine. Both were Very resinous. Neither had intersex but I can’t guarantee you won’t find any.

12 Likes

When I was buying at dispensaries for a year with medical card before we got a house and I started growing, I found a couple Bodhi strains here and there at places, the ones I remember seeing were Roadkill Unicorn (got me on the Purple Unicorn train with the first sniff of the jar), some Wookie cross that I can’t remember, and Goji OG.

8 Likes

I tried Lavender Aura from the same cultivator (I recognize the tub in your pic LMAO)…it looked really nice and had good effects but the high just didn’t last long.

4 Likes

SSDD F2 #1 - Day 62

Kryptonite #1 - Day 7

Starting to stretch out now

Milky Way #1 - Clone 1 - Day 5

Still a bit pissed off from the bug cleanup a couple weeks ago but she’s pulling out of it.

Veg Tent

This should be all the Tri Force girls. I’ve pulled out the two males I found and am keeping one of them for further investigation. I’m going to uppot these into 1 gallon fabrics this weekend and hopefully flower out shortly after.

I have a good suspicion these two or three on the left are going to stretch ~3+ times, just like their Triangle Kush mom does. The Northstar and Milky Way in back are already at 16 inches tall and will be going into flower no later than Sunday. Basically whenever I take down the SSDD girl.

Finally, here’s that Green Crack bag seed lol

33 Likes