Holy's Garden (Part 1)

I have also found she will NOT grow if tent temp isn’t 80 F or higher. At 72 F she drops her leafs and goes near dormant . Weird ass plant

9 Likes

For sure, will let ya know when we get there! Hopefully just a few more weeks or month or so. Still don’t have a spare rooted yet anyways :sweat_smile: And can definitely send along the NorthStar and anything else I got. I’d wanna run the mac for sure.

All that sounds about right. I’ve been bottom feeding mine in a 4inch fabric pot and she seems pretty fine. Putting her in the octo was a good call! I’ve not really monitored temp in my veg/mom areas but wanna say its no more than mid-70s. I’ve not noticed much but could definitely say the TK grows slow at those temps :thinking: Not like the HPK that’s fairly vigorous. I’ll keep an eye on that for sure in the future. Flower is usually running near 80 for me and that growth DOES seem improved over the lower temp veg growth…

Probably something in the genetics. The TK is not really an indica imo. She’ll get your forehead sweating and racy/paranoid af if you’re not careful.

12 Likes

Back when I originally handed those TK cuts out to a bunch of you folks, it took me 4 weeks for the clones to finally show roots, and by then the leaves were pretty sickly looking. So then I put the rooted plugs into soil and let her veg for a couple more weeks in that. After all that time she still looked like this…pretty lame! But by then I finally knew she was good to ship. When I got her originally from farmerjoe, she was also in soil, unlike his other clones. So I think he must have done a similar thing.

I’ve had a couple people ask if I want her back and the answer is NO. One of the more annoying plants I’ve ever grown. I have a couple packs of CSI TK S1’s that I’ll hunt through some day.

28 Likes

Sounds like the TK677xTK S1 selection I’m growing from csi… they are some finicky mfs. Take forever to root, again forever to start vegging. Slow drinkers, growers, etc. I messed up the seed plants and had to restart them ha. I’m doing a cross to my 2 phenos and saying farewell.

12 Likes

1000000%
But that flower is sooo good :joy:
I may have to try that soil thing :thinking:

Think i’ll try the air layering first. I’m pretty sure I can just set a pot next to her and pull a branch down and stick it in there and see what happens.

13 Likes

Wow very cool! I never heard of air layering and just looked it up. Sounds pretty easy actually.

6 Likes

I know how you feel . I have one even worse , the Cereal Milk . All you said applies , lol .

Once they get in soil for a month or so most issues go away , other than annoying growth pattern and way it buds .

I’m with Holy however , worth the bullshit .

5 Likes

How was dispo WC? Mine has an unmistakable smell , dough vanilla , very very Loud. Taste is same as smell and hits instantly . She looks straight sativa to me , but mine is certainly leaning towards Indy effects. Couch lock to anyone not a pot head .

Never had dispo WC

5 Likes

The dispo WC was hard as a rock and looked like most the black market or dispo cookies stuff. aka nothing like homegrown. Would suspect PGR’s. Doughy vanilla smell for sure. Taste was similar. Potency was maybe 50-60% of the TK at best. Could tell the TK was in there for sure from the very first hit, but a lot of something else was in there too. Not as much forehead sweating or racy/paranoia. More indica type high than the TK is imo. Only partially satisfied my craving for TK. Was definitely better than nothing related to her lol, and better than this other TK cross I had from the dispo called Triangle Octane, but still mostly just a tease lol.

12 Likes

State of the veg tent

#9 is the new girl. After this photo I topped her and took a few clones for now. All her stems are like straws! Stem rub is a bit off tho. Blade count is also off tho they kinda resemble some blueberry lines. She has enough other traits from my keeper that she’s got me interested. Thin fan blades(blueberry), double serrations(blueberry), bent stem, wide branching.

#2 so far is lacking the double serrations and has fatter blades(bubba?) but has some other traits of my keeper. Stem rub is just about on point, bent stem, fan leaves are the same morphology with 3 blades out front/two at 180 degrees(bubba kush trait), big “banana” style fan leaves with no overlap, missing fan blades(bubba kush trait)… More upward branching than wide but longer internode spacing. If it wasn’t for the fatter blades, i’d say the #2’s leaves are closest to my #1 keeper of the whole bunch. I’m hoping this one is a male.

#3 is bent stem, fat fan blades, blade count is good, longest internodes with wide but poor branching. waiting to see on this one.

#4 is bent stem, double serrations, but fat blades in the wrong shape. Still waiting to see on this one too.

#7 doesn’t have the missing fan blades but they’re thin and have the double serrations, same stem rub, wide-ish branching. Leaves actually resemble the #9 the most. I’m hoping this one might be a male too.

#10 is too young to tell most things but leaf shape isn’t quite looking right so far. See what happens.

TriForce #2 - Day 54

TriForce #4 - Day 54

37 Likes

I remember way back DJ used to always talk about hollow stems as being a key trait he would select for. Not saying he was right and there’s been a lot of disagreement about his position but found it interesting among all the other blueberry traits you were noticing.

Example Vanilluna & Cocoa Kush

This quasi-hybrid grows medium-tall Kush-like plants with short nodes, large, dark green foliage, thick-yet-sturdy hollow stems and tight, spade shaped buds of dense-but-elongated and swollen calyx/bract flowers completely coated in large, clear trichome of superior aromatics. Flower time is approx. 55–60 days, with the more interesting oils developing in the very last week.

Velvet Krush

The majority show vigorous indica growth (shorter, wider) producing hardy plants with thick, hollow stems and medium stretch

Also a quote from “The art of selection and breeding fine quality cannabis” by Dj Short

The next criteria for elimination is borrowed from Michael Starks’ book, Marijuana Potency, and involves stem structure. Large, hollow main stems are sought while pith-filled stems are eliminated. Backed by years of observation, I agree that hollow stems do seem to facilitate THC production.

14 Likes

I heard a discussion about this recently. The argument was that hemp varieties used for fiber wanted the pith, so explicitly bred for that characteristic. Therefore, the hollow stem trait is desirable for a drug variety because it is not hemp.

15 Likes

Yeah, I’ve seen people claiming both sides. Seems pretty meaningless as a general principle but for identifying blueberry leaning phenos may be useful since it’s something DJ has stated he selects for on multiple occasions.

I have no experience with hemp but I’ve had great “drug cultivars” with pith filled stems as well as hollowed.

may be an interesting read :

Fiber

taken from

20 Likes

hmm… So I’d have to agree, it does seem hemp cultivar’s have the hollow stems.

On the last page of that ICMAG thread tho, someone pointed out that someone else pointed out that maybe DJ Short was using the hollow stem trait to follow the Thai leaners in his blueberry lines. Not sure how true that is, but could definitely make sense :thinking:

In other news:
Early 24hr quick dry sample of TriForce #1 at 55 days with ~5% amber

Smells just like the TK but no lemon or gas. More menthol/pine/acetone/fumes, with some woody/citrus type smell from the kryptonite buried in the back half. This was a really quick dry though so I’m sure things might change. Feel of the flower is velvety, with a 50/50 greasy/sticky texture. I think the TK feels a little more greasy than she does sticky, so this TF#1 is stickier than the TK is. So far I’m not getting the forehead sweating, racy/paranoia that I got from the TK at the same age, but I could be used to it. Trichomes are a bit further along than the TK was at this point however. Preliminarily I wanna say she’s weaker than the TK but… it’s apparently been over 2hrs since I smoked that one chillum to write all this :sweat_smile:

39 Likes

Not sure if you have an IG or not, theres a guy on there with the handle slownickel. He dicusses hollow stem traits often and seems to account for hollow stems as a deficency in calcium availability.
I have nothing to opine either way, but he does post alot of research papers and images supporting his claims.
He does have an agricultural background of some kind, and does alot of international contracting for things like tree farms, vineyards and commercial farms.
Just thought id mention him as I feel he was worth the follow on IG for me.

14 Likes

What a Gnarly bud in that first picture lol. Super nice work

5 Likes

Still a tad early but I think the #2 is indeed a male :heart_eyes: and the #7 is looking like it’s a female just like #9. Still need a bit to be sure.

22 Likes

NorthStar #4 - Day 58

Hard to get a full plant shot on this girl but she’s loaded with flowers.

Still another 2+ weeks I think. No ambers yet.
Haze musk is starting to come in over the fruit/pez smell :yum:

TriForce #1 - Day 56

:drooling_face: :heart_eyes: She’s definitely coming down soon! Thinking 63 which will be two weeks earlier than the TK :muscle:

TriForce #3 - Day 56

This one’s not too far behind, probably go to 70 at the minimum. Other two will be 70 or 77 most likely.

Milky Way #1 - Day 65

Going to 70 at the minimum. Not really any ambers yet.

49 Likes

Hooooweeee…. I love that first pic of the NorthStar #4. Starting to foxtail a lil’ bit, no? Maybe not “foxtailing” exactly, but she’s sure looking interesting…

9 Likes

Yeah she definitely foxtails a bit. Normal NL5Haze stuff :wink: I’m really excited for her. It’s been just over a year since I had her last so I barely remember what she’s like but I know she was the best one by far of the 7 or so that I ran. Took her to day 70 from seed last time and she didn’t have any ambers really back then. Clones usually finish a week faster so I’m hoping to take her to 70-77 with at least some amber and see how she smokes then :fire::fire::fire:

I also cannot wait for these TriForce to come down. Talk about Top Fucking Shelf flower. They’re all dense, reek of multi-layered scents, and just look so dank. Makes me sad I tossed the Kryptonite male I used to make this line.Makes me wanna immediately go back to the last kryptonite pack and find another male to make a V2 with even tho I know it won’t come out the same. Should be damn close.

24 Likes