Homemade gardening potions and elixers

This ones my favorite so far! I been known pee on my compost pile once in awhile when the toilet is to far away! lol thanks for sharing your potion @PanchoVilla

5 Likes

That is a guarded secret.

Punishment for telling this secret is smoking a pound of brick weed with seed.

12 Likes

that sounds just terrible, stems and all?

2 Likes

Dude we are talking untrimmed unclean up a donkeys butt without a wrapper smoke it cuz you got it brick weed

4 Likes

Thereā€™s a recipe coming out shortly from the book that has ammonium in it keep your eyes :eyes: peeled!

2 Likes

P 30

FLOWER POWER TONIC

1 cup of beer
2 tbsp of fish emulsion
2 tbsp of liquid dish soap
2 tbsp of ammonia
2 tbsp of whisky
1 tbsp of corn syrup
1 tbsp of instant tea granules
2 gallon of warm water

Mix all these ingredients together in a watering can. Drench your annuals every three weeks during the growing season to keep them blooming all summer long.
Iā€™d be more inclined to do a soil drench as opposed to a foliage feeding.

4 Likes

Neem/Kelp tea is not only a great nutrient source, but also offers up some IPM.

1 cup neem seed meal
1/2 cup kelp meal
5-gallons of water

Steep for about 4 hours then strain. Add silica, aloe, and fulvic acid for best results.

3 Likes

@PanchoVilla, human urine must be really different than dog urine. I have dead spots all over my yard from my dogs relieving themselves.

2 Likes

Well, you are pissing away your money that way! Seriously. Pee is generally sterile, high in nitrogen, and its the way that plants and animals evolved together on this planet. They LOVE pee. You are depriving your plants of a great source of nutes and your wallet of money.

5 Likes

The problem with dog urine is that dogs eat and process high levels of protein which results in higher levels of nitrogen in their pee than humans. Too much of a good thing. As a result, they overfeed the grass and kill it. You would do the same if you dumped too high a concentration of grass fertilizer (typically ammonium sulfate) on your lawn. I also do not advise using urine straight up. I dilute it 1:12 with water before application. My plants are nice and green and happy with my feeding regime. Too happy, actually. They are getting too big this year from all this record heat.

7 Likes

Pg 42

Repotting booster tonic

1/2 tsp of all-purpose organic plant food
1/2 tsp of Vitamin B1 plant starter
1/2 cup of weak tea water****
Mix all ingredients together water cuttings let drain through for 15 min then get rid of any excess in trays.

*** soak a used tea basin a mix of 1 gallon of warm water and1 tsp of liquid dish sissy til mix is light brown.

3 Likes

Pg 44

Hit hit the trail mix

This spicy concoction will make any critter hightail it away from your garden

4 tbsp of dry mustard
3 tbsp of cayenne pepper
2 tbsp of chili powder
2 tbsp of cloves
1 tbsp of Tabasco sauce
2 qts of warm water

Mix all together and sprinkle the solution around the perimeter of the garden!

3 Likes

Pg 45

Fungus fighter soil drench

When foul fungi are fussin around in your soilpolish then off with this elixer!

4 garlic bulbs ( wow thatā€™s a lot) crushed
1/2 cup of baking soda
1 gal of water

Combine ingredients in pot bring to a boil cut heat cool to RT . Strain in watering can and water in slowly. Then work strained pulp into soil around plants

3 Likes

Pg 56

Chamomile mildew chaser

Want to keep PM away from your plants Serve them this tea once a week , especially in late summer and early fall.

4 chamomile tea bags
2 tbsp of Murphyā€™s Oil soap
1 qt of boiling water

Add tea bags to boiling water, cut heat steep for N hour or more . Cool, mix in soap pour tea into a 5 gallon hose end sprayer and apply early in the day

4 Likes

Pg 60

Lethal Leaf hopper spray

1/2 cup of alcohol (any kind will do)
2 tbsp of liquid dish soap
1 Gallon of warm water

Mix all together and pour into a hand held sprayer. Spray undersides of leaves where those little bastards hide !

4 Likes

Pg 63

You organic Dry nutrient guys might enjoy this one!

All-purpose perennial fertilizer

Use this one to boost the soil before and after planting to keep your plants strong!

3 parts bonemeal
3 parts greensand or wood ashes
1 part bloodmeal

Mix ingredients together apply at a rate of 3-5 pounds per 100 square feet!

4 Likes

Soil prep
Step 1
25lbs organic plant food
5lbs gypsum
2 lbs Diatomaceous Earth
1lb sugar

Add this to your soil mix by spreading a later on top then Mix it in well with your soil

Step 2
1 can beer
1/2 cup regular cola
1/2 cup dishwashing liquid
1/2 cup antiseptic mouthwash
1/4 cup instant tea granules

Saturate soil.

Wait 2 weeks then plant!!!

4 Likes

What does the diatomaceous earth do in this mix? IĀ“ve only used it sprinkled on top of the medium to ā€œcutā€ any nasties going around. Thanks!

2 Likes

One of the main components in diatoms is a high percentage of silica along with a couple of other small minerals also contributing.

3 Likes

What @Tinytuttle said. Trace minerals and it wards off the nastiesā€¦ It was written as an outdoor tonic so I am sure it is to scare away or kill what moved in during the winter and get it ready for planting.

3 Likes