Homemade gardening potions and elixers

Cool thread @Tinytuttle! I was just wondering if anyone else used dish soap when I found this. I have used Dawn dish soap and water in a spray bottle for mites on my lemon tree before.

I just spent the evening vacuuming up an army of ants that Decided to move thru my living room. I found where they entered and exited the house and splashed it down with a 5 gallon bucket of soapy water and they died instantly!
Seems like an Uber safe insecticide. I’ll try adding the alcohol next time like you mentioned next time I have an issue.

Gotta bookmark this one. Looks like a lot of gem’s in here!

5 Likes

Ya I found Jerry’s book very interesting thought I’d share! … early this year we had those tiny sugar ants get in the kitchen area and made up a boric acid sugar concoction found on YouTube that gets rid of them also !

5 Likes

Forgot to mention boric acid can be found in the laundry/soap section of most stores goes by the name borax ( 20 mule team) used for softening hard water in laundry applications!

5 Likes

And making slime, if you have children. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Shit I want to play with slim!:laughing::laughing::laughing: do you remember the stuff that was Pink and had rubber worms in it? Lol it was the best!

3 Likes

LOL as a parent I have come to hate the shit. Here is my simplest recipe…

Mix 1 part white glue with 1 part water
Mix 1 tablespoon Borax in a cup of water
Add food coloring to glue and water mixture if desired
Slowly add the Borax and water solution to the glue and water solution until desired consistency.

7 Likes

Sweet! Book marked! Lol

1 Like

Ok quick question would you rather have slime or that damn moon sand to clean up? Lol🤪

5 Likes

Something similar but for catching fly. Amanita Muscaria aka Fly Agaric in milk attracts to a deadly swimming pool. I bet they get so f in high before they die hehe

3 Likes