Honey oil/bho

Problem isn’t just the live spores causing infection, the chemicals they contain and produce when growing can be toxic/allergen, and those can be extracted and concentrated right along with the thc.

2 Likes

So I should just trash all this? I don’t want to make myself or friends sick.

I would never recommend using moldy material. If you wouldn’t smoke it, don’t concentrate it.
But it’s your stuff and your looking at it, some say small amounts of white mold is ok, black or green mold toss for sure. I just wouldn’t use it, sad but safer. Or do a water cure or wash and hope it doesn’t actually activate the spores and get it to grow.

2 Likes

I would cut the obvious mold out before doing anything. Some would smoke what was left but I’m not that guy.

1 Like

Why don’t you guys make bubble hash… then wrap it in a coffee filter or rosin filter bag and put in hair straightener or press. Blam. Soventless… no Acetone! That shit is bad! My bro got it on his skin and ran around the house screaming for hours saying his skin was melting to the car door! Then went in a ambulance to the hospital! Oops. Yeah not good. Qwiso hash- you can get 99% isopropyl alcohol. They might call it anhydrous alcohol. Keep your trim/ material in the freezer and alcohol for like a day to make sure it’s really cold. Then do your first wash. I like to take a bunch of glass cups and put coffee filters with Wire, the more the better cuz the waxes in the extract clog the filters… let it all strain. Collect it in one cup and put in freezer over night. Run through a filter again. I used a crockpot on low to evaporate the alcohol in Pyrex. I only do this for edibles. The stuff needs to sit for a few days after it’s collected to Finnish the purge. You can mess with it to help speed it up. I suggest the rosin. Way simple. Way better tasting.

1 Like

Oops. If you do a second wash do it quickly right after you strain the first. Be careful with this one( as it’s not hard to pull the chlorophyll out off the plant matter…) maybe 130 2 mins top. If it’s not green tinged I will add it to the first batch. If it’s green., put it in the freezer and filter it again.

I’ve worked with acetone a lot and your friend over reacted greatly.

2 Likes

I’ve yet to make rosin lol. Don’t have bubble bags yet, and haven’t had a harvest in over 12 years as I’m just getting re started. I’ve been saving stems and the crud I don’t want to smoke, then running that as qwiso. Now I’m back growing, I plan on getting bubble bags.
Oh, besides edibles, if you want to make your own vape carts, you NEED to use ethanol, at least to winterize your bho/qwiso. Since I was low on grain alcohol, I’ve made qwiso, dried it, then redissolved it in grain alcohol and stuck it in the freezer for 2 days to let the wax congeal and settle out, then filtered through two coffee filters stick together.

1 Like

No he was Tripp balls. And tore off his clothes. He was messing with synthetic cannabinoids, they use the acetone to spray on marshmallow leaves. No bro he was jacked up for real… I wasn’t there but he scared mom bad!

You can make Gumby hash! It’s like bubble hash, without the bags. The trichomes sink and plant material floats. Look it up. I made a cart with the qwiso, I gave it away, it had no flavor, well not a good flavor neways… got you stoned tho… lol

Bro I’ve washed my hands and arms in acetone before, it’s not that bad. Definably had to have been tripping big time

3 Likes

After studying the QWET extraction and the efforts to prevent contamination from the water soluble compounds (chlorophyll etc) I wondered if anyone does extractions of water cured weed?

It seemed to me if you got rid of those compounds before extraction it should render a cleaner oil?

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Yes it does make it easier to not get those nasties, but the time it takes to water cure vs just freezing everything kinda makes it more of a hassle. But if your water curing your stuff already anyway, then go ahead. But I usually do the wash with scraps and stems. Even though I’m buying all my stuff still, I tend to pick all the sugar leaves any any woody materials out of my smoke, I cough enough as it is :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Unless I’m hard up, if it’s not a calyx, it goes into the shake and stem jar.

2 Likes

Started out doing qwiso before I ever blasted, though I used/use everclear or diesel 153. Unfortunately since I’m in Michigan we don’t get the good everclear and I haven’t tried to distill it yet. But usually had decent results.

2 Likes

Looks like it’s about time to make another batch. This is what I’ve saved from stuff I’ve bought over the months. All the stems, sugar leaves, and anything that wasn’t basically already ground up at the bottom of the box.

6 Likes

6 Likes

How’d it turn out?

2 Likes

It turned out great…btw, these are all old pix…

6 Likes