Hopefully more than a mota of mota's mota

I’d love to have enough room for a small tent to experiment with, but I simply don’t have the room where we currently live.

1 Like

I watered yesterday. Just the plants that were looking a little dry. Almost all the seeds have broken ground (or at least are creating a bulge for the plant to beak through).

I’m particularly excited about the Stone Fruit and Super Lemon Haze on two counts - first, I’m a big fan of weed with fruity flavors. For my entire life, I’ve absolutely loved sweets, and my favorite sweet has always been fresh fruit. In particular, I love pit/stone fruit, and with even more particularity I love apricots (preferably Blenheims, with Pattersons coming in a fairly close second) but really any fresh fruit. Never met a fresh fruit (including durian) that I didn’t like. The second reason for my excitement is they’re autos, and I’ve never grown an auto! So, hopefully new flavor/stone profiles in mid season. This boy likes that thought a lot, thank you so much, @FieldEffect!!

This is apricot vodka that I make.

If you think it looks good, here’s how to make it - in a clean 1 gallon jar, add 3 cups white sugar, enough ripe apricots to fill the jar, and a medium quality vodka (ie, Stoly, not Grey Goose). Specifically, gently pack the apricots into the jar, nestling them to maximize their number but not break any skin. Add enough vodka to just cover them. Put the top firmly on the jar and store in a cool, dark place for a minimum of three years. The jar above has been working for more than ten. After three years, the liquid has become slightly viscous because of the sugar. Hopefully the 'cots are intact. It’s difficult to taste anything but apricot. It’s the only alcohol I consume any more. I like it over ice cream. I toss the 'cots themselves. There’s not enough good in them for me to bother, so yes, it’s a somewhat small yield, but it is freakin’ delicious!

I’ll mention that I have quite a stash of the stuff, so any Bay Area OGs, or visitors to the area, who want to give it a try (expect to go home or wherever with some), drop me a PM and we can arrange it.

Local weather guessers say it’s going to be sunny and relatively warm all this week. I stopped taking the plants indoors at night. It’s been in the high 40s, so I’m not concerned about overnight lows negatively affecting them. It’s not much colder than in our apartment!

Slow goes it.

Thank you for looking!

21 Likes

Fantastic! Plants looking good, and that looks like a heck of a beverage!

I used to drink entirely too much Stoli and Russian Standard :rofl:

1 Like

Amazing plants you got there sir…
Glad i finally found this thread… :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

2 Likes

I managed to dump the BOG Sour Strawberry out on its head this morning and couldn’t find the seedling in the dirt. I think I’m not going to germinate another one this season. I’ve just got so many plants even without that that one. And let me just say that I love fruity flavor weed, so letting the strawberry go is difficult. Sigh…

On a brighter note, everyone else seems to be safe for the moment! :wink:

Easier to see the shadow of the Stone Fruit than the actual seedling. I expect it to lose its hat by tomorrow. We’ll see

You can see true secondary leaves showing up.

And the last round that I germinated.

I do Pilates weekly and walk home afterwards. It’s a little more than a mile and slightly downhill. I try to walk down different streets to see what there is to see. Today here’s what I saw that I thought was notable.

In another thread, I mentioned that I broke the carbon filter I use on my bong. It’s so important to my old lungs. The one I had was a RooR. I had to order it from Germany and shipping was ridiculous. This time I bought essentially the same filter by another maker. This one is from Scientific Inhalations.

I just hit it, and it tastes every bit as good as the RooR. The pieces of carbon are larger so there’s more surface area, so theoretically it should last longer than the smaller bits from RooR. The filter is longer than the RooR, and the problem before was length/how much it stuck out from the bong. I hadn’t really looked at their pipes before, but I just did somewhat seriously. I’ve been wanting a new pipe for some time, so a triple filtered bubbler may be what I try.

Thanks for looking!

16 Likes

Dang that’s a shame about the strawberry. Hope the rest work out though… I like the fruit-flavored ones too.

Also totally empathize with the bong filter. Never had strong lungs.

:v::peace_symbol:

3 Likes

Easy there Murphy! :crazy_face:
Lookin good bro. I could totally go for a bong rip outta that thing. :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m ready to load it up at a moment’s notice! Pot leaf hopper

I packed the bowl pretty solidly full this morning, dumped the load and weighed it. Came in at 4/10 of a gram. For these old lungs, that’s a pretty serious hit. For you young big hitters, I’d break out a more serious bowl!

HUGE pipe

Maybe not that serious… rofl

6 Likes

For the most part, I haven’t taken pictures of the commercial seed plants today. I’m not sure why exactly, but I didn’t. I will the next time I take pictures.

I noticed what I thought might be a bit of damping off a couple of days ago on the Gorilla Glue. Indeed it is. I dug the roots out yesterday and am letting them air out for a couple of days. I’ll stand her back up tomorrow with fresh potting soil up to the color.

You can see in these three photos that true secondary leaves are coming on, both among the commercial as well as OG seeds. I’m so fucking excited!

And the rest of the OG seed grow…

I’m very pleased with how it’s going!

Thanks for looking!

13 Likes

Things seem to be going well other than that GG. Hopefully it shapes up letting it air out a bit, damping off isn’t a problem I’ve had to deal with so learning through you.

1 Like

I may have mentioned that I’m not the most organized person I’ve ever known. To that end, I’m going to note here when things happen, ordinary or not.

Watering seems to fall into the ordinary column. And, by some odd coincidence, today was watering day!

Hopefully not in the ordinary/regular column, you can see in the lower left of the first photo I have propped up the Gorilla Glue with fresh potting soil. With any luck, it will recover and start to grow again.

I hadn’t quite finished watering when I took these.

True secondary leaves are coming on.

Thanks for looking!

12 Likes

:green_heart::+1:t3: MOTA! MOTA! MOTA! 🫶🏽 :v:
I’m getting the car keys for the lunch smoke break now :rofl:

1 Like

My right hand was far too sore yesterday to even consider moving plants, so they stayed put where they overnight in the alley. Mrs. mota thinks it was from how I watered the other day. I made the exact same rotating motion at least four dozen times over the course of maybe half an hour. I agree with her. I’m going to try to be more careful in the future.

I was sure the Frankenstein would take root. It had a real tail when it hit the dirt. Perhaps it was in a little air pocket. Sigh…

Last night was unexpectedly windy for this time of year, but there it was. These two seedlings were pretty leggy and I thing they got pushed over. It doesn’t look to me like damping off down at their bases. What do you see?

True secondary leaves continue to grow. The Cindy 99’s are the most advanced.

Okay, typing hurts.

Thanks for looking!

11 Likes

Glad u got ur grow started for outdoors this year and all seems be be going pretty well. :v:t4::herb:
I always thought that damping off occurs with a pinch or bend in the stem of the seedlings. The few times i experienced it, it appeared this way.
Your gsc and mango doesn’t seem like it’s affected…anyone else wanna chime in?

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s damping off - I believe that requires serious moisture levels anyway.

I’d just get 'em upright and supported with some extra soil tamped down on top there. BUT: I’m trying to drink more of the LITFA, so take those words with a grain of salt.

2 Likes

I agree, @iceman and @FieldEffect, I don’t think it’s damping off. As I thought about the previous night, I realized it was seriously windy that night and those were the two tallest seedlings. I think some of the soil was blown out as they were being pushed over by the wind. I have followed your advice by adding new potting soil to stand the plants upright. That was yesterday morning. I haven’t been out yet today.

Thank you for looking!

11 Likes

Also, no shame in staking the babies up with a tiny stick. :+1:

3 Likes

Hmmm, I had not even given that consideration. Thank you.

3 Likes

Just don’t forget to remove the supports once they hit X size. I forgot one time and the plant garrotted itself. Picture an oak tree growing through a fence.

No big deal the plant was fine just a bonehead move.

3 Likes

That has an all too familiar ring.

1 Like