Hottest strain

potato runtz

1 Like

I asked my local old timer who’s been an industry guy about MAC 1 because I knew he’d run the hype stuff like the aforementioned MAC 1, Runtz, and PBB (he turned us on to a cut of gelato 33 back when it was a relatively new strain) told me Knights Templar OG would be an up-and-coming strain but I can only find it on Dark Heart in NorCal and I’m not making a trip up there for a clone.

4 Likes

Of all the “hype cuts” that have made it my way over the years, the only ones that have stuck around are Mac1 from Capulator and GMO from Skunkmaster Flex.

5 Likes

Runtz is the ultimate hype strain right now.

4 Likes

I would say Runtz was. It is definitely finally peetering off.

3 Likes

Homemade strains…

Homemade Strains Thread

5 Likes

The sad reality is all the hype stuff is just the same stuff mashed and remashed together. Of those they are mostly just a mix of chems, OG Kushs and sours.
They all have the same high and slight differences in tastes.

4 Likes

From what I hear, Lebanese is all the rage. :joy:

11 Likes

I have some volunteer plants with @lefthandseeds 4P Haze as the dad, pop up and grow, but not sure of the moms (as I had around 6-8).

But, I seriously know it’s all the rage in my mind! I hope I figure out which seeds are which. I know the big one is very smelly in all of the best ways and has about one month to go.

Next project is to re-grow the 4P Haze to get a female. @lefthandseeds is sporting some of the hottest stuff around here and so is @SamwellBB with his Baked BeanZ. peace

6 Likes

I was up in ventura Beach the other day
Knights templer was at a Dispensary.
Dark heart cut if I remember

2 Likes

Runtz for hyped strains. I’ve have tried it, I think it’s pretty good.
The Nympho auto flower is the best strain out right now. None of the hype strains come close to the Nympho. It’s a real one hitter quitter

1 Like

MAC1 and I’ve heard multiple farms/cultivators raving about jungle boys (MAI TAI x Zskittles Cake)

2 Likes

I just jarred up some MAC1 and I DO like and some of the samples I gave to friends were very much liked. Wife likes GG4 best. I am process of laying hands on a old school sativa dom cut of Santa Cruz Blue Dream which I’m hyped about plus I’m just growing what is sworn to be real OG Kush now known as Ghost as said by orgnkid and a Bubba. Got a ice cream cake cut we also like a lot. Hats off to the long time growers who hold verified older and sought after gold standard strains but not all of us have been growing long enough to have been around to sample them. It’s a big reason why I am trying to snag a few. I got what was allegedly a cut of GMO but it really didn’t impress so it may have not been legit. It got sent to the compost. As for newer stuff I just got a cut of Chiquita Banana and it will be a bit before I manage to run it. Had a Karma headbanger that was the shit and as close to old school SDiesel as I have probably been since I don’t have the original to compare to. Security scare forced me to cull every bonsai mom I had plus grow. Bad day.
In disclosure I really don’t understand growers who hold older cuts and tell the rest it’s the bestest ever and I got it and you don’t cause it’s unobtainium nanny nanny boo boo. Were some of those cuts that special they would be like GG4 etc that have spread far. I respect and appreciate long time growers who preserve those strains and share when possible.

4 Likes

This is it in a nutshell you cannot go by Hype.
If the seed was commercially grown, the dudes got lots of friends that would lie how good it is just because of benefits of doing so.
Very few Hyped strains stand the length of time.
Gotta watch that shit

10 Likes

Hype equals marketing, not quality. It’s all about IG pictures and bag appeal. Flavor of the week type thing. You want hype, just follow some of the IG growers, you want potent with good genetics, stick around here and see what real reviews say.

11 Likes

Cookies is hot garbage, if that’s what you mean. Runtz is a cookies strain so why not call it what it is… more cookies.

I hate seeing “new strains” that are just gsc outcrosses. The gsc is so dominant it makes no difference what they cross it to.

Just trash. The bay area had better weed before cookies. But with the rise of cookies popularity due to market saturation in the legalized markets, all SF will be remembered for is fucking cookies.

San Francisco gave the world marijuana brownies and grandaddy purple. Alice B Toklas and Ken Estes are the true bay area cannabis heroes. The bay gave us romulan, grandaddy purple, cherry pie, the real blue dream, and all of the OG lines originate from the emerald triangle.

That’s the real good shit.

Put that in your hype and smoke it.

19 Likes

I’ve actually really liked the few cookies strains I’ve tried. But I’m on the east coast in a prohibition state so they haven’t flooded the market. I could see getting burnt out on them, but that’s true of any smoke.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t say all the Og’s came from the bay or Cali for that much. Those Florida boys brought some of that there.

3 Likes

The florida guys brought seeds back from the emerald triangle. Hence the name triangle kush. The name refers to the origin point in California.

The florida TK is an early offshoot of the originals. later southern OGs like Irene from atlanta are inbred and potentially outcrossed. Very good, but different than the originals.

3 Likes

Yeah, I mean Tahoe and SFV are self-explanatory and Larry is from Orange County I believe? Ghost OG was allegedly a cut of the original (which I think had come from socal) that ORGNKID had (obviously taken to Oregon) and the story was that it was given to a member of this very forum, right?

2 Likes