How close can tents be to walls/eachother?

Hi

I have a 2x2 tent for growing, and a 2x4 tent I want to use for drying.

The only way I can set them up is right next to eachother.

One side of the 2x4 will be 2cm away from a wall, and the other side will be 2cm away from the 2x2.

I’m just confirming before I come up with a custom plan for a drying space next to my 2x2, instead of the 2x4… but this is not going to be a good setup, right?

1 Like

If you can appropriately manage the temp/humidity independently within each tent, no problem.

If you intend to accomplish both tasks with the same environmental parameters, that could be tough. But physical proximity by itself is not an issue. Good luck!

2 Likes

My 2x2 is crammed into a standard closet. My 2x4 is in the same room set in the corner with all my office/desk stuff around it.

When I was growing large scale, I would cram tents into different rooms. For example, in one bedroom I once had 2 4x4 and 2 2x4.

Cramming tents won’t affect how the tents work but it may create heat problems in the general room. For a 2x2 and 2x4 I usually just need to leave the door open to my office so air can exchange. If it gets really hot, you would need a fan to help pull warm air into a neighboring room.

3 Likes

In my basement I have 3 tents running, 2x 2x4s and 1x 4x4. They are all vented for any excess heat and the room is conditioned for all of them to run (not to cold, not to hot).

Before I was venting them outdoors I had occasional problems but as soon as there was no more recycling air things smoothed out.

4 Likes

yall are awesome, thank you for the knowledge! will see how we go and take everything into consideration

1 Like