"GROWING" from 1 tent to 2 tent setup

For the last 15-16 months I had one one tent 4" x 4" 600W MH/HPS Setup. I just got another 2" x 4" tent and a 600W LED ilght. Trying to figure what the best configuration is for this setup to maximize quality of finished product. Any suggestions?

7 Likes

Depends. If yer LED is top end DIY w EB2 err sammy strips err high end retail like chilled err fluence u wanna flower under dem diodes in yer 4x4. If its ebay err mars err chicom err amazon err other low end LED i say flour under yer 600HPS n 4x4.

3 Likes

Kind K3 Series2 XL600 LED

2 Likes

Do the kind in the 4x4
Unless heat is an issue with the hps in the smaller one

2 Likes

Disagree. That Kind aint so kind. No offense.

Made in 2016 its 10yo tech blurple osram diodes n only draws 320w which is = to 200w of modern white lm561c LED. Yer 600w HPS w a new bulb erry 12mo puts out more.

Kind will be fine fer veg tho.

2 Likes

Not an expert but budgetled.com 250w for 300 with uv not to bad in my opinion for 2x4. But if you diy could be closer to 1$ per watt. Cause kind is out of date but I’m sure it’ll work in a pinch. Just a suggestion cause new tech is always cooler.lol

1 Like

@Mr.Sparkle has a really good thread on diy LED. With bridgelux eb gen 2 strips and meanwell XLR drivers. Not found anything close price wise to that combo UK sides. Closest is clu038s and hlg drivers but I think ÂŁ for watt. Mr sparkles on it

2 Likes

There can be a benefit to having 2 tents when growing in a basement… I circulate the air between them and have opposing light cycles. It helps to keep the “dark” tent warmer while cooling the “light” tent. If you have a couple of bends in the ventilation tube the light won’t pass through to the dark tent… of course, this wouldn’t work if either of the tents were in a breeding run… :scream: Air to the 4x4 tent is in through the bottom, out from the top (through the light reflector). Filtered in both directions…

2 Likes

@MichiGreen, I like that thought. Led’s will run cooler and need some warmer air.

I run 3 tents but they all bring in fresh air (for co2) from outside. I was thinking about doing it like you stated but your solution does not introduce fresh air (for co2) into the tents. A co2 tank added would eliminate those problems.

1 Like

I just picked up a Co2 tank from a brewer who had an extra. Need to look into what it takes to introduce it into a grow and how to measure/monitor. I’ve got a lot to learn.

Is the LED dimmable? If so put it into the smaller tent and turn it down.

1 Like