How do I recognize, control, and prevent Powdery Mildew?

That’s a total crock of bullshit, everything you said. I used 25% humidity to disprove that. I tried each and every bullshit theory out there, so I could determine the real truth. Something you should do. Instead of just posting crap like everyone else.
You can say I’m a knowitall wanna be but that doesn’t falsify what I said, and neither does parroting back online bullshit posts about mildew that I know are false.

1 Like

You should check out my photographs above.

1 Like

Here’s the thing, Powdery mildew loves it dry! IT thrives!!! hah hah. The exact opposite. How do I know? I tried it.

1 Like

IDK what these posts are you’re referring to. You say one thing, fine…but my actual experience shows me another. I’ll just stop defoliating and pruning lowers and pack plants in and raise humidity to 90%…I got nothing to worry about, right? Spores aren’t real, it thrives in dry conditions and I don’t currently have mildew, so I cannot get mildew, by your “logic”.

Doesn’t help that you’re constantly going on about how smart you are and all the people with fancy book-learnin’ degrees, that study this stuff for a living, are all idiots.

Spores aren’t real, vernal, lol.

1 Like

see you make up these stupid stories, and believe them. You won’t get mildew at 90% unless already exposed to the replicating pathogen known as powdery mildew. That’s the single condition you need for an outbreak, the host plant has to be exposed to the replicating pathogen, doesn’t matter if it’s 90% or 25% relative humidity. Is that clear enough for you?
oh shit my bad, I forgot the photo of mildew. Too many hash rips :wink:

1 Like

What stories? IDK about stories but I certainly didn’t conjure up a “poisoner” strawman who is totally real BTW.

So I can’t get mildew at 90% humidity with stagnant air if there’s no infected plants in or near my grow…gotcha.

Spores aren’t real lol.

Why don’t you try packing all your plants in real close, turning off the vents, and letting it get up to 90% humidity for a few weeks?

That’s exactly what I did!!! I tried every stupid thing the plants rotted from botrytis. That’s how I know! Mold on the plants. Water dripping. The whole swamp it was hard to even breathe! I mean ok it was 88% humidity but I think it qualifies.

1 Like

I’ve yet to have any problems with it, knock on wood, during veg everything gets sprayed with neem and spinosad 2x weekly. During flower I just keep humidity in check and air moving.

Full disclosure…I don’t believe you’ve actually run all these “trials”, I think maybe you’ve been making stuff up. So…I am to believe you wasted a whole crop with 88% humidity trying to see if mildew could take hold.

IDK what to tell you man. Every time I’ve gotten PM, it was due to poor airflow, leaves touching, and too high of humidity, except once, when I got an infected dispo clone.

All your personal experience, the experiences of others, and white paper research is moot guys, Joe claims he ran a legit experiment once and spores aren’t really real or in the air and if they were real they’d need dry conditions to germinate lol. There isn’t any powdery mildew in humid places, let’s pack it up.

1 Like

Absolutely true ive had rooms at 30 percent humidity and still got it.

1 Like

I feel like you’re somewhat twisting what he said. He didn’t say spores don’t exist, just that if your grow has no spores and is completely free of infection, it will not be an issue how low or high the humidity goes. You said

But then when he says he actually did that trial, you refuse to accept it. Not very cool vibes from you.

You must be new to OG, and possibly the internet. Some people make shit up, IDK what to tell you. He does it in other areas.

It’s odd that botrytis can find it’s way into any grow with spores, but not powdery mildew. WEIRD.

2 Likes

Why bother telling him to run a trial if you’re not going to accept it if he did?

The irony vernal is if you read some studies by people who study mildew in the university, you will find they agree with my findings. Don’t you think that’s strange for someone who never performed the studies eh?

Hey thanks @leetdood and @Purple_Drank604, vernal has a problem with the truth, your support might help him.

1 Like

How does botrytis get into a grow if nothing near you has botrytis? Magic?

You ran humid condtions and got botrytis…how? Walk me through it.

I read a university study one time but I didn’t care for it. I get all the facts I need online.

we’re not talking about botrytis, get your story straight this is about mildew.

I don’t even necessarily agree with you because it’s good practice for people to assume they are suspectible to PM.

But why is he gonna tell you to do something and then refuse to accept it?

Because no one in their right mind would do it…they know their crop will be ruined. He claims he did, but he claims lots of kinda out there stuff. He’s a competent grower, just weirdly into how smart he is and how dumb everyone else is. Take some time, look around.

1 Like