đź’Ş How do you burninate your countryside?

It’s spring and I finally have my fire-pit for burninating all set!

(Press :play_or_pause_button: for burnination theme)

My sisters washer died over the winter and I was lucky to score the drum for the body.
A neighbour was tossing rusted tire rims so I scored 1 for the base and 3 for scrap yard $.
Never tossing out my old stainless steel IKEA mini BBQ meant I have the perfect lid for it as well!

So without further ado:

So, HOW DO YOU BURNINATE YOUR COUNTRYSIDE?

26 Likes

I just make a pile on the ground. Im pretty lazy. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

I bought a fire table for my back deck. I’m a renter currently but when I buy a place I plan to build a fire pit in the yard.

3 Likes

I have a circle of bricks in the middle of my backyard that’s been there since before I moved in this house and I’ve left it that way, nothing special but it works… 7 years later and still kicking! lol

:call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Two fire pits the larger one has stones and a metal couch frame i gotta get out of there ( was there when i moved in …) The big fire pit is in the center if my yard and in prime ganja growing area. So it’s gotta go. The little one is in the back corner of my yard and nice to burn paper cardboard sticks etc… Also make nice campfire location for summer nights yes it’s snowing today.

6 Likes

Nice looking :eyes: rig bro :sunglasses:, very innovative project and idea :bulb:!

IMG_5145 IMG_5144

:laughing::rofl::joy::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

DUDE! Is it haunted? :thinking:

3 Likes

I always seriously wondered if it was but I’m no expert on supernatural stuff

I do have a good gut instinct in situations but that’s about it, not well versed in sensing things, but my local lighthouse is very haunted 10 or 15 years ago It was the most haunted lighthouse in America, I wonder if that’s still the case…

Fort Pickens is haunted as well, Geronimo was even held there plus civil war history here and how many hands controlled this area lots of battles and death have occurred right in this area

4 Likes

My town is often called the city of five flags because of British, French, Spanish, confederate, and Us flags have flown here while being in control at different time periods

5 Likes

Matches. The big ones

4 Likes

I have a big round pot with stars and moons cut in it. I get it glowing hot and it gets so bright red it looks like you can almost see through it (optical illusion)

5 Likes

Man, I like that hat!

Nice lookin fire pit too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We’re not supposed to have real fire pits but i dug one out in my backyard anyways shortly after we bought the house. Put down a bunch of bricks as a base and ring and then layered it with a few inches of sand. Been fantastic for over a decade now but I don’t cook over it sans hotdogs/smores. Got the Grill for that :yum:

4 Likes

My fire pit allows for some ragers

14 Likes

That’s beautiful @GreenHighland !

@HolyAngel same for me hence the total enclosure situation letting me do this again!

:grin:

5 Likes

WUT??

You’re wearing …pants… today??
:laughing: :+1:

I like the hat as well…

Cheers
G

1 Like

Last time I didn’t I burned me pubes!
No one likes burnt pube smell…

Okay maybe @Foreigner . :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Makes no sense whatsoever, I’d get a woodchipper, then you can mix the woodchips with manure and voila, compost.

Or use the woodchips for creating and topping up walking paths (stick to them and you won’t compact your soil, which means no tilling required), which you can inoculate with spores/spore slurry/mycelium so you get to have a walking path which grows mushrooms.

If you insist on burning wood and poluting the air then at least make biochar. :grin:

3 Likes

Got the same one! Two in fact. Front yard for one, side yard for the other.

1 Like

Mine has held up for years

2 Likes

The ash goes into the compost or is used as amendments here and there.

I get this free from arborists and all edges of the property and my former-pool now raised bed garden has around 4-6" depth of mulch and yes there’s lots of biomass working out. There’s not enough debris the way I grow to have wood chips to do this with as much of it will end up in the Hügelkultur bed.

The reason my hair is in the crochet “sack” is my dreads are 3-4ft long. I looked into a residential sized mulching unit one year and Mrs. Pigeon made me promise I’d never get one unless I cut my hair.

So I’m not getting one anytime soon. :sweat_smile:

Once a year I do this and will continue to do so. My “Old Man Italian” neighbour uses a steel drum and soaks his stuff in gasoline :face_vomiting: .

I do use biochar and have a drier drum as well which doesn’t have all those holes so it’s a slow-burner and could work out as a biochar maker. My sister really didn’t luck out this winter, it’s from her drier. lol.

5 Likes