How do you coffee?

How do you coffee?

Here below, I am wanting to show you the equipment so far that I’ve accumulated over a short period of time. It’s all the tools necessary to make a really good cup of coffee! I found more gadgets in the kitchen hidden underneath lots of pots. As you can see I have a scale that helps me with the ratio relative to weight. I have a Coffee Grinder, Electric Kettle, Aero Press, Hario. Then you can see an assortment of coffee bags and containers, all being different roasts and origin of coffee. Even some are blends, with great tastes that the single origins don’t provide.

Wether it’s a simple coffee machine to a(n) espresso machine, let me see it. I’m a huge fan of drinking coffee after smoking some really good cannabis, since it brings out the flavor profile in my opinion.

29 Likes

I just brew it and drink it, black with a bit of cold water to make it not so hot. Usually food lion or great value brand breakfast blend, sometimes I’ll splurge and get some folders or maxwell house.

2 Likes

I have one of these guys:

And for when I’m extra lazy I have this:

It’s surprisingly good. Not “good for instant,” but good.

Oh yeah, and milk.

6 Likes

I often find comfort in just a warm cup of coffee like that w a small hint of sugar. @EugeneDebs420

That looks like some fine pice of machinery! Coffee brewer on right, and an espresso machine to the left? Haven’t seen that before! @Foreigner

1 Like

The ‘olde days’ it was 1/3 of a mug of instant granules and fill under the hot water tap…
:rofl: :vulcan_salute:

Now, it’s a Moka pot…

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Correct. It’s a nice machine. We use the drip everyday and the espresso every once in awhile. We have small counters so the 2in1 works for us.

1 Like

Le French press !
Grind my own bean Delonghi … then boil water and the Bodum

6 Likes

Moka pot. Put beans through encore barata at 28, boil water, drop temp to low and put the top on.

14 Likes

I have been on a French Press kick for a few years now. Mmmm, mmmm, good!

I grind the beans right before brewing. I prefer Colombian Peaks or Costa Rica Peaberry
beans.
Hot and black, baby.
Warm, fuzzy and glowing.

I only drink coffee before noon, and mostly before 7AM.

9 Likes

That’s my mom’s rig! Used to be a old school expresso machine like you see at coffee shops

2 Likes

Lol! My Buddy and I use to sell Coffee in a hallway of my High School. We were using a French press and selling cups to the staff for few bucks. It was against the code book to do so. But we got away with it for sometime. They made it easy since lockers were provided, so w kept it all in there. We also sold beef jerky to everyone. Haha! My buddy and I were trying to make money by any means.

6 Likes

I sometimes use the instant coffee with cold water from the tap. Add ice and milk and it’s a very nice iced coffee for a hot afternoon.

2 Likes

On the The grind!

Sometimes I put a bit of milk in with the ground bean in the french press. Then add boiling water.

Makes a really nice cafe au lait . Lol

One less step to do after. But I find it’s always delicious and your second cup.doesnt get cold when you add a bit.of.milk.

3 Likes

Would you pay over $1000 + for a pound of giesha coffee.

I’ve tried it… And I wouldn’t pay $10 a pound for it.

4 Likes

Aside:

When camping it’s a good idea to have activities planned for beside the campfire. S’mores for example.

If you have access to green coffee beans it’s fun to try to roast them in a cast iron.

It’s mediocre at best but still a fun activity

6 Likes

Says Arabic Beans are grown on the farm there. I’m not a huge fan on Arabic Beans, it’s strong with a weird after taste. Lol! Im good with paying up to $10-$25 a pound. It’s good grade and can be aromatic, with great tones of flavor. I enjoy coffee after a nice bong rip. My appreciation has grown more and more.

Thanks for sharing some expensive coffee! Im assuming you’re from Panama? Im curious about the food there.

1 Like

Old school percolator…and maxwell house classic roast. Nothing else. Occasionally we get some fancy hazelnut or something.

2 Likes

In my experience all the good coffee is grown for export. The locals don’t drink it.

As for food, I’ve been to most other CA countries and it’s beans rice plantain pork seafood but spiced in a lovely way and very delicious. @FattyRoots can probably be more helpful.

3 Likes

AeroPress every day… I love that I can take it camping so easily.

4 Likes

We have a delonghi espresso machine. My wife drinks 3 to 5 6 shot coffees a day. I have one or two but usually green tea. EDIT: caffeine acts as a downer for us btw…

6 Likes