How do you keep it together?

I thought perhaps it’s a good idea to have a thread where everyone can contemplate what their life journey is all about. To think about where we hit rock bottom and how we came out of it transformed. And HOW we transmuted our darkness and started facing the sun instead.

A place where anyone can come in to share their story from hitting rock bottom to where they are now, healthier, kinder, wiser.

So feel free to share your story of transformation, we live and learn, and it’s absolutely wonderful to see people share their experiences, how they went through hell, only to come out of it completely transformed.

I have been free from alcohol for 6 years now, and I doubt it would have been possible without eating his dear plant we all love here, along with meditation and affirmations.
Many people have come and gone in my life and the most benevolent ones have showed me the power of gratitude, the power of silence, the power of self-love, the power of acceptance, the power of letting go, the power of affirmations, …

I also thank those that showed me their darkness for they helped me appreciate the light.
A couple of months ago I started writing a journal which I titled “INSIDE JOBS” because happiness IS an inside job. I write in such a way that I am expressing gratitude for what I enjoy, whether it’s imagined or tangible in the physical.
Always writing in the present tense.

I write about a page at a time and by the time I’m at the end of my page I feel like a million bucks, every time! It’s powerful, writing the dream life down.
Without limitations, and without expectations or insisting that it all happens, because thinking about it, and writing it simply feels great! And that’s what it’s all about for me following what feels good and healthy!

And the more I do it, the longer I pay attention to what sparks joy, ignoring what doesn’t, the more things happen in my life that do spark joy. I’m connecting with such lovely, kind people lately…
I am blessed to be alive, I am blessed to have my parents and family, friends, this awesome community, and of course seeds, healthy plants, and endlessly more to be grateful for.

There’s an infinite amount of things we can complain about, but there’s also an infinite amount we can love and enjoy. It is but a choice and a resilience of choosing over and over and over until it becomes first nature.

17 Likes

Life is pretty good.

10 Likes

I used to Drink a lot of alcohol. I mean a LOT. I live and grew up in a very rural area during the “just say no” era when the Reagan government persecuted our people. I was the target of a lot of hate and violence and I reflected that back on the community. I gave as good as I got. As I grew older I quit drinking all the time. That gave my brain time to heal from the alcohol and allowed my spirit to feel peace again. I have been a practicing Buddhist since I was 13 years old but my main focus was that everything changes. All things pass. I feel that more now than ever because all my “party buddies” from my school days are dead. I am the last. Cannabis slows my mind and allows me to contemplate the universe and my place in it. Cannabis gives me peace and tranquility. I realize that wherever I find myself, that is where I am supposed to be. We are all striving to meet our destiny but the journey is the most important part. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

My daughter is the reason why I keep it together, and stopped thinking about dying. Kids are so innocent and pure. I try hard not to download any of my bullsht on to her. It crushes me to think of disappointing her or letting her down. Daddy can’t spend anymore nights in jail. To have unconditional love and trust from another human is indescribable.

12 Likes

Eat well, sleep well and just being as healthy as possible is my best advice.

I crumble under pressure. Disappointing people is the worst. After a mistake, I constantly tell myself that iam a piece of shit, adding more pressure to fix whatever is the problem.

I now expect less, try harder…Developing a routine has really helps me be able to solve the unexpected problems as they come. That way I don’t get overwhelmed or discouraged.

Focusing on positive things while acknowledging the negative aspects. Hope.

9 Likes