How do you record and organize your projects and grows

I use Evernote. Easy to take notes, can insert a voice recording or a picture easily. I love it. :+1::seedling:

10 Likes

okay this is great info. i like the recording part big time!!! i was also after what kind of data other pollen chuckers and breeders keep in their records. like what info is invaluable to them. ik the obvious like feeding nuances and structure, but i feel like atm i get too wordy with long winded descriptions on each plant and i would like to streamline this so it is something another person can pick up, read quickly and get the pertinent info they would need. even if that person is me but a cpl years later :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I was using Google Calendar, easy to find dates, add notes, pics and I can check it in my mobile and computer … :sunglasses:

8 Likes

i didn’t know you could add pics to that. i am using the calander app for my yearly plan atm. i just set reminders for major events like approx harvest dates, dates i germ new new genetics etc… admittedly i am no power user of calander so i may be wrong here but i feel like it would be hard to go back and refernece notes for a particular run or genetic all in one organized query via a calandar app.

7 Likes

I will see if i can make you some templates of my Excel grow sheets.
Edit: and for all OverGrowers.

12 Likes

I’m terrible about this. I don’t keep any notes at all. It’s all (lost somewhere) up in my head. :smile:

5 Likes

You have to tap the MORE button (in my case in Spanish)

and then the image icon to take the picture, only available in the app, cheers … :sunglasses:

4 Likes

me to but like the beastie boys said…my “head is like a sieve”

3 Likes

Woah am I ever old school. I use a pen and a journal and keep notes of as much as I can. May have to look into an app or something to make it easier.

8 Likes

If you have an android device, can use GrowTracker, its opensource and stays on only your phone, can be encrypted and all that.

There’s also a subreddit for it, https://www.reddit.com/r/GrowUtils/

6 Likes

Just downloaded and had a quick nosey. Looks pretty good. Wouldn’t want to start Midway through a run though. I use my journals here to document my stuff without properly documenting it perse

1 Like

This is the area in my growing I am weakest. I use a desk calendar with large areas for notes like below. Everyday I do something in the garden I add a note.

3 Likes

Recently I’ve been using my camera to remember the last time I watered.

3 Likes

Secret ancient recording technology

11 Likes

Good thread! I have always used my online journals on the forums as my record keeping, but I have been thinking about better ways to be better organized. I’ve thought about using Google Keep to take notes because you can add photos and sound recordings, and it’s synced up between the cloud and all of my devices. But I do agree that a spreadsheet might be a better way to document things, for visual clarity. I don’t know. I’ll be paying attention in here though. :thumbsup:

1 Like

It’s all in my head, during prohibition notes were evidence. Years of operating under stupid laws really sharpened my memory now I can’t forget anything… it’s become annoying…

3 Likes

I had a hard time keeping track of everything for years because of this very issue. I’m still under prohibition but the days of the War on Drugs brings back nightmare’s from time to time. Back in the early 2000’s it was a big no no. I have a reoccurring dream from that involves a SWAT team kicking in my door over my small closet of herbs. I do not miss those days of extreme paranoia.

2 Likes

Man this is so me. It;'s why I’ve been using that GrowTracker app since it can encrypt all the data and have an app password to open it. Not trying to risk writing it all down just in case.

1 Like

Any installation of Windows 10 will have OneNote installed and you can always GPG encrypt the data files. I prefer anything that I want absolutely secure to be on Linux and I use LibreOffice to organize things.

2 Likes

My Cataloguing System.pdf (113.0 KB)

This is DJ Short’s cataloging system. I don’t remember where I found it but it’s pretty detailed. I hope it’ll give you some good ideas.

Good luck!! :vulcan:
G

4 Likes