How do *you* store your seeds?

I whole heartedly agree with you @BigSur.

I have never done it, but check out these guys… I go along with freezing seeds to keep them viable.

4 Likes

… Makes one Wonder… What kind of ancient gems are lurking in the permafrost that we could bring back to life!

5 Likes

Absolutely. But this is mostly food, flowers, trees and such. But there’s gotta be some weed seeds in there, i mean… Right!

4 Likes

@LemonadeJoe

Not finding a heading for seed storage in FAQ.

Thanks!

2 Likes

You are right. We should add topic about seed storage into FAQ. Thanks for noticing…

3 Likes

Considering that Cannabis is found around the Himalayan mountains, and many think that it where it originates, one would think think that there are ancient seeds frozen up there someplace. Like that guy they found in the Alps, Otzi? An ancient grower that left their family with a stash of seeds, 10,000 year ago maybe?

6 Likes

That would be a prehistoric weed that will grow like Jack’s maybe! LOL

1 Like

Mine go straight into a mini fridge reserved for my seed stock only.

2 Likes

A few mm under the surface of the pro mix hp

4 Likes

Who has somehting like this, specially for the weed?

3 Likes

Mine is white and covered with seed company stickers but that’s the idea. I do also keep my clone gel, coconut water and things like that in it as well.

5 Likes

your going to keep your weed in the fridge?? i guess its probably super hot in costa rica?

1 Like

I meant seeds. Sorry bro. HAAHHAAHA

1 Like

ah i have known people to keep pounds in their freezer for storage but seeds makes more sense! i should probably get mine in the fridge or freezer, those stardawg ones at least are already old.

i just have mine in bags/plastic containers inside a bigger gasket sealed container with a bunch of rice so hopefully it’s dry enough but the thermostats usually at 70. i prefer 67 or 68 but my kid complains its too cold

3 Likes

silica isnt that the little packs you get in a new pair of shoes ?

1 Like

yes the packets of silica gel, they use as desiccant with lots of products. they also make cat litter with it, marketed as crystal litter or something. i know one girl who refuses to use anything else. i tried it but didn’t like it, found it didn’t really deodorize so it stunk like piss.

1 Like

These are great for keeping moisture away from stored seeds, weed and pollen.

A gift to the canning cannabinist.

2 Likes

Yes, it comes in all clothing shipped in containers to keep the moisture/mold off of the products.

Here’s a pic of how some of mine are stored atm. I should really put some in the freezer but don’t have the balls to do it yet. They are vac sealed with one of those desicant packs in each one, wrapped in a black garbage bag and put in the fridge. Only bout half my collection can fit in this picture. I am still paranoid of freezing them even though I know it’s possible with great success.

11 Likes