How do *you* store your seeds?

Man that’s the thing in some of them I put rice. There still germinating but some are doing it slowly not like before. Some are not even germinating. I just though of something tho. Before I would germinate them in my closet. I still do but now I have ac. I’ll try to turn off ac and germ them. Usually the beans crack in a day soaked in water now it’s two days and out of ten it would be like one. Before it was ten out of ten. Called a buddy and he said it should be fine. I brought them out to do a trade the other day and I left them out because I got worried. I’ll do another germ test today. But in a room with no ac

1 Like

Hey growmies good news. I let the beans defrost and now I got 7 out of 7 in my outdoor grow tent. So the ac in my room did play a factor. Thanks you guys for the help

2 Likes

I’m thinking that these lil containers that i get my blood test strips in would be a good storage thing for seeds since the cap i s full of silica that traps moisture, and they are sealed up just about airtight!

11 Likes

Pill bottles and old film containers work excellent! Especially if you can also put the seeds in little baggies or vials first, then into the bottles. That way you can label the baggies or vials if you have multiple strains in one bottle

2 Likes

Yup I like ‘em.

5 Likes

Amber glass vials for all mine. You can buy 12 packs on Amazon for $5.

1 Like

Here is how I repack all mine before storing in the fridge.

1 Like

As for myself, I have a tiny collection of beans, so I have mine in a small jar in the fridge. I get annoyed digging through it looking for a certain strain to keep track of what I have, so I’m sure those with massive collections have something more organized, so I started wondering, how do others here store/label your seeds? Do you have them organized and labeled in alphabetical order, or oldest to newest? In a fancy filing cabinet professionally labeled? Especially for those with hundreds upon hundreds of strains, how do you store/catalog your beans??

7 Likes

like this… no fancy filing.

20230525_154322

32 Likes

Vacuum sealed with desiccant in the freezer.

3 Likes

Vac sealed in their own bar fridge…
Info is tracked on a spread sheet.

Cheers
G

10 Likes

In the fridge. I need to do an inventory check and right them down. Separated by flips packs vials and bags and breeder packs. In a tote.

3 Likes

Now there’s somebody with ‘room to grow’… :+1: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Give these guys a gander.Cryo tubes with label space for printed labels (I go over mine with scotch tape so the don’t peel off.They have silicone seals that load into the caps.I throw the beans in put a piece of cotton ball in over them and top off with dry rice and screw the cap on and put the whole container into a tupper ware into my fridge. Super Long term legacy

storage is placed in same tube configuration closed up and packed in dry rice in a top labeled baby food jar and popped in the freezer.Fits like 80 different Flavors save yourself some room.Number the tops of the vials and make yourself a number key card so you know what’s in what vial and put up saves you from bringing the container in and out fucking with the seed humidity from the fridge

8 Likes

What GR8 suggestions from all that have responded so far! :clap::partying_face::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

2 Likes

There’s a thread here with a ton of options somewhere . @Rhai88 i see you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Send it to me if you find it, and I will try to find it as well! :+1::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

I got this. About to fill them up this weekend :+1:

3 Likes

I use those same containers, and store them in a tiny mini fridge I got online. Only change I have made is those loose packs are now in a ziplock bag.

14 Likes

Bro… U keep a full size garage fridge just for ur seeds??? Wtf mate?

8 Likes