How do *you* store your seeds?

This is the key right here IMO. A stable, dark location, be it a fridge, a freezer, or a celler. But I’m high again @OleReynard. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Just a quick question, is a suitcase filled with plastic threaded sealed storage containers with silicone packets throughout each container, suitable for seed storage ?
Also the seeds are individually packed inside of these storage containers…

1 Like

I like the freezer for mine 6 year old seeds pop with no issues .

4 Likes

Lucky shit, im working

2 Likes

I wouldnt…
Cold cold cold

I have always stored mine in freezer and i just put brown paper bag on top incase of light…never had any issues

Are you drying them out first?
I was thinking for long term storage keeping them in the fridge for a couple months to get the moisture level down then the freezer but I haven’t tried it yet.

Cheers
G

I keep mine in a chest freezer in sealed glass jars with a color-changing desiccant in there to ensure there is no moisture getting in.

4 Likes

That works aswell

Exact same.

Just saw this on instagram. Hope it helps someone.

Blessings

7 Likes

and put in the fridge

11 Likes

All mine are packed that way :+1:
But you did a better job on the labeling :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Cheers
G

1 Like

Almost didn’t, I was going to pen it in, and this idea popped in my head.

1 Like

Great storage, have you got anything in there with the beans or just happy with the vacuum seal?

That’s some quality knowledge right there :+1:

I out those vacuum bags in a airtight container and put.in the basement

1 Like

Honestly i dont go crazy with storage. I just keep em in the breeder packs and put them in my safe. Theres a large silica pack in there that came with the safe but ive never had issues germing them or anything but ive also only been at this about 5-6 years. So not sure about long term.

2 Likes

I have decided to repackage everything with new rice in separate vials/flips/bags some with silica beads. I keep my collection in Mason jars with more rice in a tea bag. And then I keep them in the refrigerator in dark cold storage. This has kept my beans nice and fertile for years.

Seed the world

2 Likes

in plastic vials . labeled put in a zip lock bag put in a a dark tool box,

1 Like