How long will it flower?

I have 1 outdoor plant that has been flowering for about a month. I’m in SC. What is the best way to keep it flowering, and how long could it potentially flower for? Do I need to bring it in with the temps dropping and days getting shorter? If so, what is the best way to do that without killing it? What kind of setup do I need indoors? I have one small UV light I bought off amazon. Any other supplies I need I can purchase. Please help! Any recommendations greatly appreciated as this one plant is my only source right now. Thank you!!!

2 Likes

Flower times differ substantially depending on the strain. There are strains with only a few weeks of flower time, others (especially pure sativa strains) can take several months to finish (or die, in the wrong climate). Same goes for climate. Some strains are more resistant to cold and/or wet climate than others.

Do you know what you are growing?

5 Likes

Pics of plant. Closeup of buds so we can see pistils and health. How cold you getting? Most likey you have a hybrid but it really help to see her. My outdoor finished by oct 1st this year. Nature will help her finish. Unless its a blast of arctic air id let nature steer her. Nature us telling her to finish with the cold and shorter days. She notices and should respond to it. You seeing colors yet. Fade.
A pic worth a thousand words.

3 Likes

Maybe in the 50’s at night. But I was more worried about the shorter days signaling the plant to stop flowering. Can I bring it inside under a UV light and make the plant flower longer?

leave it out continue to finish. I’m in n. maine and i still have 2 girls in my unheated greenhouse finishing. they have survived 7 frosts so far. 3 got to 25f . fried the fan leaves but the buds and sugar leaves are still fine . you should be able to finish them outside in the deep south easily.

3 Likes

the colder weather will slow the growth but not stop it. it will finish its lifecycle in time.

2 Likes

By SC, I assume you mean South Carolina. You should be able to leave it out until completion. I spent many years in that region and remember almost every part of that state being zone 9. What are your historical first frost dates? You can look up historical/average first freeze dates online: https://davesgarden.com/guides/freeze-frost-dates/#b

These will give you a general idea of how to plan. You can’t rely on them too heavily, but if your historical first frost is in late December, then you probably don’t need to take any action, only have a backup plan in case there is a freak, early freeze.

2 Likes

Looks like bag seed just let here finish outside iv had stuff go till November shaking snow off of it lol