How to improve: Combo replies

How to do a simple quality of life improvement:

Let people click reply on multiple messages to chain them up into one reply, so that the message field would say;

Nick1 - Nick2 - Nick3, etc.

Just an example case where I would have needed it:

So if you didn’t get my description above, here is an example what I meant:

2 Likes

Actually much better is to use “Quote” feature (it is offered to you automatically when you select part of text.

You can this way react to multiple messages at once and at the same time it is pretty organised. Quoted message is displayed and can be expanded to show whole post (and you can even go to original post in timeline).

2 Likes

But if I don’t want to use the quote feature?

I mean, why not add such a feature, is it so hard?

I don’t think it makes sense to react to multiple persons / posts and not to use quote. I mean how one should know to which part of the text you are reacting to?

I don’t see it as a problem now… I thing that discussions are pretty organised and I don’t have hard time to understand who is reacting to which text. Unless they don’t quote.

If you insist on not using quote it is better to reply individually to each message (create more reply posts).

2 Likes

Dredging up an old thread here to see if anyone knows how to quote a post on mobile (android)? I highlight text and get the usual copy/paste options, but nothing for quoting.

3 Likes

You gotta be quick, press and hold the start of what you want to quote and quickly select it then let go. If done right instead of the typical “cut/copy/paste” dialog you will get a grey “Quote” box instead. Its finicky and hard to get right but I’ve become somewhat proficient at it.

However, you are not able to do this multiple times, at least on Android. It will only quote the first thing you selected, and any subsequent quotes will not be added to your post.

I’ve even gone so far as to manually format my quote tags to achieve this.

3 Likes

Thanks. I keep trying but I’m too slow…smoke another one lol

1 Like

1 Like

Now you’re just showing off lol

Seriously though thanks I’ll keep practicing!

1 Like

I know it is cumbersome… I hope to improve experience on mobile with next update…

2 Likes

It’s really not a big deal, I was just curious. This way I can just paraphrase everybody and put words in their mouths :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I have an old Samsung

Can too!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: