How to LST with fabric pots

That wire works nice too IME. Never thought of stripping the end like that, good idea. :+1::seedling:

2 Likes

So many ideas from everyone like Stiggy said!!!
This is a great thread for me, since I read about LST all the time. But I never actually see the tools and ideas that people use to hold those leaves down.

I’m gonna rock when my tent comes!!! I’m flipping excited!

2 Likes

I use plain butchers twine to tie down because I can steal it from the kitchen for free. I stab a hole in the plastic pots with scissors.

Tried using 14 gauge electrical wire. Did the job but I didn’t enjoy working with it.

3 Likes

I split her down the middle. Doh. :joy:

it’s a wrap.

5 Likes

Hate it when that happens. Wrap it and LITFA, she will be alright. :+1::seedling:

4 Likes

These work great just hook on
Then use any type of tie with it
https://m.kohls.com/product/prd-1105029/rod-desyne-20-pk-heavy-duty-steel-drape-pins.jsp?skuid=92946175&ci_mcc=ci&utm_campaign=EC%20WINDOW&utm_medium=CSE&utm_source=google&utm_product=92946175&CID=shopping15&utm_campaignid=196833932&pid=googleadwords_int&af_channel=CSE&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIofWssJPX5gIVAp-fCh1s_wVPEAQYAyABEgLp9fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

5 Likes

They sell one with the cutter (hooks on your belt) though it is only 45 yards.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NC5C38W/ref=emc_b_5_t#

5 Likes

Also, it is a pain, but with LST you need to
be careful not to forget where your ties are. I can’t tell you how many strings, pieces of thick wire, pieces of thin electric wire ive found growing into the stalks. I wouldn’t make a round turn while tying. If you know your knots :wink:

They get enmeshed like an oak tree growing through a fence.

1 Like

Those are what i was going to reccomend. Easy cheap n work great. I couldnt think of what they were. Curtain hooks. Thats it. I used safety pins but they get wet n dirty n be a mess.
Also scrog net will make canopy control n training easier but then its all tied up in the net til chop pretty much ive moved nets midgrow but can be dangerous to buds.

1 Like

my dear wife, has started putting eyelets in the bags that she made for me. she does all kinds of things like this that I would normally just keep sticking wires through until it damaged the bags. pretty neat, right! I’ve been using these same bags for probably 2+ years now.

regards,

mike28086

9 Likes

Brilliant, why the makers of them do not do this???

3 Likes

Am I the only hillbilly that uses coat hangers lol

6 Likes

Another brilliant idea! I may do this when I build my new beds. :thinking:

4 Likes

Probably better than twine because it’s softer ay?

2 Likes

yes, I’ve used other types and wires but they sometimes cut or mark the plant.

namastê :pray:

2 Likes

Velcro strips work a treat with smaller plants at least. The fine velcro is best.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips everyone.

My girl likes to do crafts and she had a bunch of fuzzy pipe cleaners. They seem flexible so I’m going to give it a go.

1 Like

The best pots for this IMO are the fabric training pots (BudPots) by BudTrainer. They also have a hard metal wire on the top for not collapsing. They do exactly what @mike28086 has done. Cool to see how these ideas come back around. www.budtrainer.com

6 Likes

I just use an awl to poke a hole into the top of the pot and slide a plant tie through it.

1 Like

How could u use this Ina fabric pot