Anyone use Stem Benders?

Hey Fellow Blades. Anyone familiar with these? Comments?

1 Like

I like the way they work! Nice.

Similar item with a rounder shape by UK manufacturer, “Bendz”.

They look like pretty decent LST aids. Probably good if you only have a few plants… I wouldn’t want to buy hundreds of them to manage a larger crop.

Plant would look pretty gorgeous if you mainlined it and used these to make a supernaturally symetrical plant.

At home DIY version… hard plastic straws? Wide bottle caps? Using the corner of a clothes hanger as a splint? Eh. Too finicky.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s a cute toy, I just bend them over and tie them down, I’m pretty careful to not injure the stems but it happens anyway. I can’t rationalize using them - 35 plants but maybe somebody likes cute toys. I’d rather spend the money on something more productive than bendy straws

2 Likes

I like the idea behind them iv’ super cropped my outdoor plants but at the end of the season seemed like they straightened out over time maybe I need a tie down method as well like @Uncle_Al mention

Shit 35 plants? I’m only legal with 6 in CO but what they don’t know won’t hurt anybody , I haven’t invested in fans, tents or carbon filters either probably won’t either to damm expensive for my blood!

Just tie to sticks outdoors use a natural fiber twine you’ll do great

1 Like

I like the concept. But I agree could get quite expensive with a larger plant count. Cheaper alternative could be made easily. But they are interesting.

You are right… I’ve used them in the past and you need to get new ones after some time, because they weaken a bit…

I still like nets for support and shaping more…

1 Like

Thanks for the replies my friends. I’m in a 4X4 tent so I don’t have those issues. Seems like they would make it easier to move plants around, take them out of tent for spraying/trimming.

2 Likes

When I tie them down they are secured directly to the 5 gallon pail, I drill holes in the rim to tie to. I can move them around at will. when I do break a main stalk,and it does happen I splint it up with a pencil or bits of pencil, they support the wound within a week and I remove the splint.
( For those of you who are grammatically challenged a splint is not the same thing as a spliff.)(( Bonus hint: you can’t smoke a pencil))

6 Likes

Keep the funnies coming I enjoy reading your posts!

I do the same, with little twist-tie hoops for easy hooking. Works well if you’re training with wire, probably not so hot with string.

1 Like

yes and if you’re in a fabric pot you can tie a string around the pot for attaching LST ties to