How to make, dry and cure water-extracted bubble hash?

i mean we see all these bags and what not but not much talk about gold digging/syrup farming and beekeeping equiptment
i havent done water extracts or sift before but id imagine this is whered id start when looking for professional gear to make extracts

2 Likes

Absolutely! Anything canna is like anything ā€˜marineā€™ add 100% to sell

1 Like

lol nothing like 30$ crankbaits

I tried the BubbleMagic 3gal washing machine I was given & I got mixed results. The first batch was FoOOAMEEE! :unamused: Second batch, different, less resinous matā€™l was less foamy but still worse than a proper job.

(I should add that the matā€™l was not in a bag, just loose with water & proper ice amount; The bag is a 5 gal model I think)

Anyone use the washing machine method with no foaming? :thinking:

:evergreen_tree:

I have a five gallon model. It gets real foamy when I was it using Starsan. Takes forever to rinse it so it no longer foams.

1 Like

I always liked Bubblemans videosā€¦

4 Likes

I use The Bubble Now Machine, and Bubble Mans Bags. Find the machine does a much nicer job of mixing without contamination. One of the keys to good performance, is the ā€œworkā€ bag. Bubble mans work bag is excellent, and rarely lets contamination out.
I run 200 grams at a time, find if I run more(in this bag) my returns are not greater. Too much material is not a good thing .
The water temp is another key. Ice is great, lots of ice is greater, BUT, having really cold water is the trick. I find that if I get the water just to the freezing point, then use it, with LESS ice, I get much better returns.
1st run is 7 minutes. 2nd run is 8, 3rd and last run is 10 minutes.
With only 200 grams in the bag, I can get pretty much all in just 3 pulls. I get some foaming, but only at the start of the spin, and then it goes away.

3 Likes

:thinking:

Iā€™m all for the cold & gentle = superior ā€¦refrigerate my water & pre-chilled the washer, etc. :wink: ā€¦but Iā€™m near certain the washer bag I have is for a model 2 gallons largerā€¦just looks wrong.

Another difference is I stir MUCH longer & pre-soak the matā€™l to view the water after a night or even 2 weeks :blush:.usually stir from 15 minutes to 30 to up to 90 mins. :grin: Have gotten 15 washes+ before.

(I watched Frenchy & he recommends a short first wash to purge the ā€œfunkā€ ā€¦like less than a minute, IIRC.)

That sounds much nicer than all-day hash work. :tired_face:
But I never botch it when I hand stir. :wink:

:thumbsup:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

I know Reiko will know this better than anyone but why not all see and say something? last post on summer crop that ended to give place to fall run I posted this picture that is tje bubble hash I got from 5 plants, 5 washes but I replaced the water every new wash.

From left to right: 140um too much green material
73um - grainy and loose
25um - sticky

What to do with each one?

Are they all smokable?

3 Likes

The 73 and 25 look smokable, the 140 looks pretty green. Just make sure it gets dried throughly so it doesnā€™t mold.

3 Likes

Just wanted to hear if anyone has ever heard of adding a small amount of pollen to your hash for a smoother smoke. If so, how much and at what point do you add it.
An old vet used to get us Lebanese Blonde Hash, told me thatā€™s how it got itā€™s color.

2 Likes

old wives tales. Donā€™t do it.

5 Likes

lol, uhh lemme explain. Anything besides a trichome cap is considered contamination. If you want your hash to look and smell itā€™s best, it has to be as pure as you can get. I tell my friends I donā€™t touch it with my fingers.

Something like thatā€¦ itā€™s more golden colored.

9 Likes

Iā€™m definitely looking for the cleanest extract possible. Iā€™m on your thread now, so Iā€™m getting it!

4 Likes

lol! Yah itā€™s a long ass read, I think they say the interesting shit happens after the 800th post or so. Itā€™s a hash evolution, that starts with shelf dried, and ends in freeze dried. Live extracts are where itā€™s at!

5 Likes

We all know youā€™re scraping your proto pipe for ā€œresinā€ :rofl:

:evergreen_tree: thankfully canā€™t remember when I did that last

2 Likes

ā€œOWMHā€!f021fb474efa7c60857a2ef10c17633155d070d7_2_584x500 11c369d827fec6b61f06fc016cd8f4072d8dc415_2_218x500 #NoFreezeDryerNeeded

12 Likes

@BackcountryBlazer
I too am going to do some bubble hash, just to gain more space rather than storing oz and oz of bud. Can it be done with decarboxalated bud - because I do not smoke?

1 Like

@Baudelaire
how many bags to do you use and how many grams or oz did it take to get the 4 - 8 grams?

1 Like

Canā€™t see why not .
You going to make edibles ?

1 Like