How to stealth cannabis?

I know probably many of you don’t need to worry about this but it’s not legal around here and I’m working on a compilation for an article I’m editing. Apart from the good ol sploof do you know any other tricks on techniques? I know some but an old dog can always learn new tricks :joy:

6 Likes

It’s not legal in most places…what’s stopping you? Lol

Just grow and don’t tell anyone haha

If your best friend knows, it’s too many people haha

11 Likes

This is the article I’m working on which led me to this thread https://thcdetox.biz/blog/6-ways-to-smoke-weed-without-smelling-or-being-caught/ some good stuff there but im interested in newer tricks

2 Likes

Usually the cops lol, but yeah growing is the way to go and you are right, telling a friend is telling one too many people :joy: someone told me a story about when he was growing his own stuff while on probation and a friend ratted him out which got him back on jail

3 Likes

Yep… so the solution is simple…

If you are gonna grow, grow… There is nothing that would cause them to finger you short of you telling them… Don’t use a billion watts in a 1 bedroom apartment, don’t tell everyone you know and you should be ok…

Stealth is needed for people that think they can grow 5lbs of weed in 3 months and kids under 18 living with their parents (in which case I’d say grow up and get a job and your own place and don’t fuckin grow weed) lol

12 Likes

Moving out is definitely step one :joy: but yeah having 50 plants is not stealth at all, sounds like a dream though lol

4 Likes

My buddy I’ve been talking into growing finally as he’s been wanting to wants to start with his mountain of saved bagseed and grow 20+ plants :man_facepalming: won’t listen to me about anything else on how to start growing a plant though. He’s never even grown a houseplant :man_facepalming:. I dropped most subjects fast as I’m just going to let him try​:joy: I already told him once and now I’m just rooting him on to get him to just start now that he’s excited about it. In some cases of all your friends grow it’s just easier to give the one who wants to a push and we can all help him out from there. At least he listened when I told him he wouldn’t want to just toss in a bunch of seed in a large pot as I know he’s going to use a 7 gallon at biggest and a handful of seed. I know him too well unfortunately :pensive:

To add some input you could always get a grow tent just for smoking inside🤷🏼‍♂️ it’s not perfect, but combined with a sploof you reduce the some release drastically and contain the smell to a small area. Though maybe a carbon filter or 2 in your smoking area may help also in general.

I’ve heard about activated carbon filter sploofs called smoke buddies. Ozium is something that works so well I’m adding it here to be clear. My dankest weed I’ve ever smoked was covered up without a hint in the air after I used ozium. For whatever reason it seems to bond to the smoke and smells in the air or something. If it’s O3 though it might make sense🤷🏼‍♂️

2 Likes

Well look who’s here! Good to see you, @420.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community. In my experience a proper stealth setup would be running no fans. Which then means in turn you’d need low watts in a large space which defeats the stealth purpose. Also have to be light right so nobody sees the light piercing out the doors of whatever you had like bro I’m running a wardrobe right now as I wanted stealth :rofl: the fan itself let alone the light beaming out the sides is a big giveaways so you can blend the appearance so it isn’t a grow tent but you’ll still hear it so IMO no such thing as stealth really.

3 Likes

If you are looking for a way to consume cannabis without making it smell, then I suggest tincture or edibles. Here is a thread that will get you started.

6 Likes

Buzzzzzzzzzzz! See? I took your advice of coming here! Thanks for the tip, this place is definitely more active and cool👍

4 Likes

That tent is some survival kinda stuff, my kinda stuff! A tent is cool to hotbox too, although that wouldn’t be helpful when trying to go stealth :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes the fan and light are a definite tell, even if you make to to the flowering stage, ain’t no way of getting rid of that perfume so yeah, as they told my friend, just get your own place

2 Likes

Yes yes, edibles are the way to go, il give the thread a look , thanks!

2 Likes

Honestly I thought it was possible which it is, when the plants are seedlings. And when the lights are off. And when the fans are off :rofl: it’s literally fighting a losing battle mate wish it wasn’t the truth because I’ve spent a bit getting mine where I need it for the stealth aspect but there isn’t such a thing you HAVE to run good lights and some kind of fans in a grow.

I did like the 150W HPS bucket build @Filipo did this is about as stealthy as you could get and at that you would have to put this build into something or people would be like why does you have a bucket with fans and a light going?

Filipo-Microbox*150W*Son-T*V-Scrog

2 Likes

Vaping is very stealth. There’s also the old ‘toilet paper roll with a dryer sheet in it’ trick. Just blow your hauls through that, it really does work well. The ultimate is getting a metal pipe with a screw on cap. Start inhaling then light it, then stop lighting and put the cap on while still inhaling. Hold the hit in for a while to let your lungs absorb the stank (lol) then blow the remainder through the tube.

You can also hold a haul in so long that nothing comes out, I believe the kids these days call it ‘zeroing’. Probably not the healthiest for the lungs though!

4 Likes

Personally I switched to dabbing when smell became a concern. It saved me money too honestly. 7g oil lasts about 7 weeks. I used to use wayyyyyyy more, but my usage rate has declined a bit lately. With an occasional bad day to throw off math :man_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

Nice! Like the pipe with a cap, didn’t even know it was called zeroing, haha probably not the best for the lungs but it certainly helps to keep it stealth

2 Likes

In the end it all depends on your personal situation. If you go old school dabbing there will be a obvious torch sound the will be heard pretty far away TBH. A enail or a dnail will be ideal if you don’t need to hide a setup. Otherwise a decent oil vaporizer that you can use like a vape helps a lot of things stealth wise.

The vape trick works wonders too. Just be warned you sacrifice a coil if you vape oil in it. It’ll always collect reclaim in the tip. Use qtips to clean the drip tip and main tube(forgot the name​:man_shrugging:t3:) to extend the life of a coil. I found if the cotton gets black from it you can usually get it soaked into a qtip if you’re careful as long as it was from reclaim and not burning the cotton. They sell things like 710 ready mix and whatnot that don’t use peg and liquefy oil for carts/tanks. If I could find mine I’d be making some oil ejuice mixing it with my thinner ejuice to maintain a close to 70/30 viscosity. I use very little 710 mix it to get it all in the PG/VG/emulsifier solution. It shockingly doesn’t need much to turn a stable shatter to liquid. My pull and snap oil would be perfect as it’s so terpy and delicious :yum: just don’t use a plastic ejuice bottle to store it in. Glass all the way.

2 Likes

You can also grow an herb garden too :wink: that’s my method and it’s actually fairly effective at distance. Up close you get weed in your face with a heavy basil, cilantro, and mint smell blending with it and the skunky smell just smells like incense from a distance :joy:

3 Likes