How would one ship a clone or do a clone trade?

I have a few Jamaican sativa landrace clones and can’t post a trade post yet so this isn’t really that. I’m wondering how I would send a clone once I find a person to trade some cuts with. Like do you just ups it?

3 Likes

When it comes to sending clones, you’ll want to make sure they’re well-protected. Wrap the cut stem in a damp paper towel or rooting gel, then put it in a plastic bag or container to keep it moist. Add some padding to keep it safe during shipping. As for sending it, you can use a reliable courier like UPS or FedEx. Just double-check their rules for shipping live plants. And don’t forget to coordinate with the recipient for a smooth delivery. Happy clone trading!

4 Likes

Unrooted cuts in a zip lock bag, cooler weather outside but not freezing, express mail. I never did it but that would be the main parameters I’d go for.

2 Likes

I use normally the “clone-shipper” for long distances. They work quite well, as long
as the Mail is not throwing them around too badly…
https://www.cloneshipper.com but you can buy them at amazon

Saludos!

5 Likes

For inside Canada there is a prepaid box (35 x 26 x 5 cm) with a three day delivery for $19.99. (I drop off at the local post office to avoid delays)

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Quite interesting, great tip @CaptainNemo I wonder if it works efficiently for long journeys? If it does, it opens up a world of possibilities.

3 Likes

Here you go…keep it simple…

4 Likes

bam, and thats exactly where i was going, they make now clone shippers…many variety, and for different size shippers…its becoming a cheaper then you think idea…

2 Likes

Works on US-EU if lucky… inside EU normally without problems :slightly_smiling_face:
so up to 5 days IF not throwed around by the Mail :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

The last time I was shipped clones (locally) it was in a plastic clone shipper that fit neatly inside of the USPS flate rate boxes. Not exactly the one pictured but very similar.

I have not used the individual ones with a light attached but I have read some people including Tiki madman say that the light is mostly a gimmick and not necessary.

3 Likes

The light is as well what makes most likely problems.
The are not build to last, smt not even a week.
But they are whats working best overseas, at least what i know…

1 Like

Yeah, I heard too that the light wasn’t necessary, but that was in v1. I was thinking that now that they’re on v3, they would be better.

That’s indeed a problem. I got interested because I was thinking about something more Overpower, and I actually think it’s kind of impossible at the moment. I’ve been thinking about ways to receive them still viable (with or without roots) here in South America, but the shortest time it has taken for something to reach me here was 14 days, so no chance.

Yeah, I agree with you. I actually follow your thread. Putting the seedlings in a ziplock bag with a damp paper towel is all you need, because if there’s too much water, they can rot. But to be honest, I wanted to ask you something too. I don’t remember if there’s anything about it in your thread, but I’m wondering if vacuum sealing works for long trips?

1 Like

I would give it a try… I had some from Canada and they were stucked because of a strike. 3/5 came barley alive after nearly 3 weeks, in 2 of them the light was broken.

1 Like

Good to know that. I’ll keep my hopes up too because these are plans for the near future, but not right now.

1 Like

I would double up the amount needed, to be on the safe site :+1:t3:

1 Like

Small tackle box the fly fishing type. Or 2 jumbo solo cups if rooted

@Bobgrows makes singles and doubles VERY reasonably priced.

Fits perfect in a standard size USPS mailer box

3 Likes

Never did that, way to much overthinking for me…

2 Likes