Howard's Hunt for Headstash

Artoo is beautiful man!!!

3 Likes

Your plants always look so pretty! Just wait until that Goji getā€™s that smell going! Holy crap! Itā€™ll fill the house! lol Some seriously good shit! I canā€™t wait to grow a giant one in the backyard!

7 Likes

Canā€™t tell you how excited I am about this one, bro. Thanks for passing along the seeds! @50State seems to have done a pretty excellent job with these!

OH! The cuts have rooted! Woohoo! Iā€™m sure the next run will be even better, hopefully will have my act together better and be able to bring out the potential better next time.

Just now I turned off the fans so that I could do my best to get some bud shots in focus without them swaying in the breeze, and accidentally brushed the plants trying to get a good shot, and the smell that released was absolutely divine. Not super loud just yet, but if it keeps this kind of smell and just turns it up to eleven Iā€™m going to be a very happy man.

Aw, now Iā€™m jealous. I want to grow a giant one in the backyard too. That is going to be epic! Canā€™t wait to see you do it, hehe.

13 Likes

Hell yeah! Me too ! Iā€™ve got a cutting thatā€™s gonna be a Mama! Awesome idea @Meesh ,I may do my 4 ā€˜allowedā€™ outdoors ! And yes eleven is absolutely Divine !
Beautiful ! Super clean work !
Peace and love all!

5 Likes

Durban x Jungle Spice testers

Looks like the growth rate is picking up. Got everything ready and a new rez mixed up, and probably going to give them their first flood tomorrow. I will probably either stick to manual flood for now, or set the timer for one flood every other day.

14 Likes

I think I can pick out two different phenos. :joy:

3 Likes

Iā€™m pretty well convinced so far that Iā€™m seeing the same thing, actually. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Can I ask what the plastic grid is in the bottom of the trays are from or where to buy them?

1 Like

They are aquarium dividers.

Iā€™ve used plastic eggcrate in the past as well. Itā€™s basically the same thing.

2 Likes

Orange Goji

Group Shot
(Apparently having the lights in the shot messes with the color balance)

Plant #2 (Artoo)

28 Likes

Looking really good in there Howard!

Curious about your lightsā€¦ Which QBs are those and how high are they above canopy?

Also I remember you used COBs before. What do you like better about the QBs?

Nice job in here dude :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate kind words! :smile:

First of all, I woke up in a lot of pain this morning, so I had some Glue for breakfast. Iā€™m seriously baked, soā€¦ Iā€™ll try to make sense.

Iā€™m currently using 3x HLG 100 V2 lights, for approximately 300 watts in an 8 sq. ft. area. I try to keep them approximate twelve inches above the canopy, though I very rarely am able to actually keep it that far away by the end. More often than not, at least one plant goes apeshit on me and grows right into the lights no matter where they are hung. At less than ten inches Iā€™ve seen some pretty pronounced bleaching.

I used to use these DIY Cree cob units I made a few years ago (this is the prototype unit):

I used three of these units running at 110W each, so fairly comparable wattage to what Iā€™m using now. They were great lights, and I grew some pretty great smoke with them, but they threw out all that light into only six 120Ā° cones, which meant that with my low ceiling I had to flower my plants out really short to get decent spread and prevent hot spots from concentrating most of the light on just a few buds:

If I let plants get much less than sixteen inches from the cobs, theyā€™d start suffering. And the coverage of six points of light was not nearly as good as what Iā€™m seeing with hundreds of points of light from the QB lights. I feel like the better coverage is paying dividends, as well.

Iā€™m giving my cob lights to a buddy who is retiring soon, who will use them in a closet with eight foot ceilings. Theyā€™ll work better for him in that situation versus five foot ceilings in my tent. Iā€™m quite confident heā€™s going to grow some fantastic meds with them :wink:

Iā€™m still getting used to the quantum boards, and only have a few runs in with them, so Iā€™m hardly an expert. I will say that I like them a lot so far, though.

19 Likes

Thanks for the clarification! Hope you are feeling better dude!

Iā€™m having similar issue with my COBs inducing light stress pretty easilyā€¦ Iā€™m having to get clever dimming them etcā€¦ Looking into maybe converting over to QBs so I appreciate the info.

Crazy what you can do with only 5 foot height man! Psyched to see how these finish out :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I use the same light for my 2x2 cabinet. Itā€™s a whole lot of light for that small space, so I keep it mounted to the ceiling. I still have plants grow right into it, lol.

Iā€™ve been well pleased with the coverage and performance in this cabinet, though.

18 Likes

What kinda light you running there , I desperately need to upgrade to led but all the options and price differences really agravate me.

2 Likes

Iā€™m using the HLG 100 V2 lights.

Thereā€™s a bit more detail about them and how Iā€™m using them a few posts back.

Iā€™m sure the HLG 65 would have worked just fine in the cabinet, but they sent me the 100 instead on accident, soā€¦

So far I think they are well worth the money. If I hadnā€™t gotten those, I might have gone with the Solstrips.

3 Likes

Cool will check that one out, also looking at getting led tubes to replace my flourecents seems like a affordable option.

1 Like

Im running hlg 65s in my veg tent. 3x3 tent split into 2 levels. 2 65s up top and 1 on the lower level where i keep moms and overflow from up top. Best bang for your buck on a hlg flower lamp for a 4x4 or larger area is the hlg 600 diy kit. Waiting on my tax return and i will have one.

1 Like

Iā€™m just trying to get more lumens out of my t5 with less watts for now , need new bulbs anyways

2 Likes

Havenā€™t seen much about those tubes, but I wouldnā€™t be surprised if the right ones could outperform the T5, and last a lot longer.

2 Likes