Humidity packs?

ha! I just realized what you were talking about. Ha! ok … ya, maybe heating it.

I’ll let you know what the brains say as soon as I hear back :slight_smile:

@AllOra By “small” do you mean the 4 gram Boveda?

There’s
one gram
four gram
eight gram
67 gram 320 gram

weight correlates w/ weight so should be very close to 1, 4, 8, 67 etc.

1 Like

In the meantime, this is the response I’ve received from R&D:

It is not recommended for several reasons. Biggest reason is that we uniquely blend salts and H2O to achieve a specific RH. Bottom line is a consumer can rehydrate the packs. But they will not be able to accurately rehydrate to the correct mfg ratio which will ultimately result in an incorrect starting RH% that could be too high or too low. This can lead to potential harmful mold growth (too high) or extreme dryness (too low). Therefore it is not recommended.
Boveda uses pure water that is virtually void of contaminates. Using substandard water to rehydrate will also adversely impact the performance of our 2 way technology.

My suggestion is to get a new Boveda and perhaps an hygrometer as well to keep any eye on it. This is something the Boveda Butler is cool for … it would have given you an alert on your phone the second it raised above about 63%RH.

1 Like

8 gram.

1 Like

Same Same for me Muleskinner
Been using 58’s for awhile and they really do work.
Vacuum seal with a 58 for long term storage in Jars.
Have rehydrated the 58’s once and seemed to be ok.
ROOOL ANOTHER ONE!

3 Likes

what about humidity beads in a stocking or whatever?

1 Like

Those should be fine if you want 70% or if you just need to add some moisture to dried out flower.

you can get them at 60% too, pretty sure it’s just the same silica inside the boveda packs anyways, but bovedas* are way more expensive

these ones support 1100 cubic inches lol 150 cigars

2 Likes

Yes I have bought bulk ones like that off eBay and do use them for cigars. I actually took an old shirt that was nylon with holes in the material and sowed it into squares and put some in but don’t over pack them cuz when they hydrate they get big.

1 Like

I like the integra brand humidity packs best, but am quite certain those beads would work

1 Like

i never cared much for humidity packs until i had a jar of bone dry weed, turn to dust when touched, and the boveda brought it back to almost perfect in 3 days … actually made it too humid because the store only had 62s and not 58

1 Like

Cannot believe Im gonna say this but best method I have used so far is the new Boveda CV Vault system. Have always used Boveda packs for storage of Bud(once 100% dried) but to be honest their cool metal can works really well! I got 2 in a free “challenge” they had. Wish they were larger, lol, cause they are not cheap. They DO however absolutely work better than Mason jars in a side by side test I did over 65 days time. Was a noticeable difference in the Buds between the two. Both had same level of Boveda packs in them.

4 Likes

They make em in all sizes. Even have one that will hold a couple elbows.

what were the differences you noticed?

1 Like

The buds were much more consistent feeling . Had a better feel too. Produced what I call styrofoam buds.

Could be because the Tins are much smaller than the Mason jars and maybe the packs were more efficient in smaller container .

Want to get one of their larger cans and do it again . Thinking the bud compacts a bit in the mason jars due to the weight. Also in the tin the bovada pack is held up in top of can and not in direct contact with the buds. So the buds on very top were exactly the same as the ones on the bottom. I’m my mason jars I notice ones on top much drier than ones on bottom .

The difference was significant and thinking the longer in the tin the more difference we would see.

3 Likes

Sorry for crap pics power is out here and raining cats n dogs . Using cell and a flashlight…lol

Thinking way humidity pack is up high and not touching buds makes a difference . The buds have a perfect cure and feel now. Gotta smoke some

5 Likes

How much bud does that hold Jet?

Smallest size maybe 10 grams is all. Big ones hold 3 Z s or more

2 Likes

Too muck $ and I’d need too many lol
I guess it’s mason jars

2 Likes

Mason jars or snap wear works just as well as those canna vaults.

1 Like