Humidity packs?

couldn’t you just tape a pack to the top of the mason jar? :smiley:

I’ve used the 62’s and I don’t like them. Least where I live as every time I’ve used them after two-four weeks or so I’d start getting ammonia smell regardless of how dry the herb was when I started. I haven’t tried the 58’s yet. Still on the fence from the 62’s.

1 Like

yeah that’s what i heard from everyone, it affects the taste/smell, but my herb was so dry i had no other choice and i never noticed any change in smell or taste, mind you i took the humidity pack out of the jar a week after putting it in. the humidity pack was totally dry by then anyways. but ya the 62 made it too humid, next time i’ll get the 58s

2 Likes

I’m with you on that. I’ve used the 62s for quite a while, but I think they’re too wet. Recently I’ve just gone au naturel.

Hot tip – if your herb gets too dry, snip off a finger or two of a leaf from a plant you have growing and put it in the jar. It’ll slowly release the water in the leaf and help humidify the herb again. Once rehydrated, you can just vent the mason as needed to get back to the right humidity. IMO nothing beats free and natural. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

lmao i tried using a piece of bread for a tub of tobacco one time, ended up smoking a shit load of bread crumbs :laughing: :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

what’s your preferred RH level for flower?? when I purchased the 62% boveda I found it made the flowers too moist, so now I’m trying to decide between the Boveda 58% or the Integra 55% … has anyone had experience with either of them? Is 55% adequate?

3 Likes

62% are good if you are pressing the flower into rosin. If you are smoking the flower then I think some peoples choice is 58% Boveda. Not sure of the 55%

1 Like

I hate super dry weed , thats how dispensaries sell it because your supposed to vape and not smoke it. I bought the 62% because I know when I pull some out of the Mason jars to put into a smaller container it will dry a little more.

2 Likes

Yeah that is how I play it too. Keep it at 62% for pressing or if your rolling or prepping for bowls it will dry out that little bit. The air is mostly dry around here.

2 Likes

Hey there! I am very late on this but Boveda contents are salt, purified water, xanthan gum as thickener. As such, the contents are very natural & unprocessed.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Found a wet Bovida pack in my sink. Thought I would microwave it dry.
Learn from my mistake.

You’re welcome.

17 Likes

Well thanks I guess, :rofl:! Didn’t plan on trying it but valuable PSA at any rate. :wink:

3 Likes

I like learning. Especially when its funny. Thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I used Boveda to raise the humidity while growing Psilocybin & Lion’s Tail mushrooms. It was great. I had to switch out the RH %. Started with 72 which was too high. I think 62 or 65 might be perfect. There are a few other Boveda hacks as well. Fresh baked goods can be extended with the packs. I put a 62% in with some dried mushrooms once. They had a funny sulphur smell out of the bag and after 48 hours with Boveda, smelled SO meaty and savory!!
65% --Brown sugar
69% --Coffee Beans
69% --Raisins & dried fruit
69% --Spices
69% --Popcorn

These are things we’ve been told by customers, not necessarily something we market. But if it’s pure water vapor that comes out, why not? The possibilities are endless! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I can leave part dried buds in an open jar for over a month without them fully drying out :weary:

1 Like

Popcorn should be warm to start with and if it has enough butter then you won’t need Boveda packs. But I do add some grated Parmesan. :popcorn: :+1:

lol …leftovers? you are kidding right?

2 Likes

Oh yeah, didnt think to mention. Glass jar half full of rice. Throw your bovedas in it and seal it if you want to dry them out. I dont have that trouble here. I just dry them out of the jar because it is below 62 percent here for about 9 months of the year.

1 Like

Anyone happen to have a discount code for Boveda direct?

1 Like

Have ussed both - Boveda and Boost PH packs - they seem to have a negative afffect - meaning flavor and taste - BUT they did keep my PH at good levels _ Now thay jave come up with "terpens Shield’ RHpacks - have anyone used these === packs are good for long term stroage but ^^^^^^^^ ??? thoughts !!!

Hey @slain im a lover of cubans as well and have a pretty descent mix. if you want to do some trading hit me up.
or anyone else :slight_smile:

-and yep i use the Boveda 62s in amber jars and am very happy wit the results

I use cigar humidors at around 70% rh, and it keeps the weed from drying out and going stale. Any cigarette smoker or cigar smoker knows what that does to the quality of smoke.
At 70% I take a bud and throw it on a tray out of the humidor to dry a little bit more for smoking. I may try lower RH packs, crystals which I have just found out existed :stuck_out_tongue:
So I would say definitely keep your weed fresh and humidified somehow, it’s worth it.
Edit to add: The cedar of cigar humidors is good as well because of the nice cedar smell, plus it helps to regulate/stabilize rh. They make little jar type humidifiers which have a gel/crystal inside which regulates the rh at 70 for standard cigar storage. You use propylene glycol to fill the moisture beads, which humidifies without any odor, you’ll just get the cedar and herb smell. It can take a while for a new one to come up to humidity, the cedar will soak up moisture, but then it should stay stable at whatever rh the media you use sets.

3 Likes