Hush's hidey hole

Really nice setup, I’ll be following along for sure.

3 Likes

Thank you, and glad to have you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Beautiful. I’m going to scrog my Ace MalawiXPanama also. I’m inspired to see these sativas spread out like that!

3 Likes

You’re just running 1 plant per 3x3 screen? Is it pretty common to only flower 1 plant in a m2 space? Or is it just because youre running a scrog? Asking bc that’ll probably be my space once I’m up & running.

3 Likes

I don’t know if it’s common or not, but my reasoning for it is simply that I don’t like putting multiple plants in a scrog together unless they are clones of each other. If I had started with clones I would have probably put two in there. Any more than that and there wouldn’t have been enough space for a large-growing variety like this. I’ve recently given up the idea of keeping a mother garden for clone grows, so I’m keeping things simple and pretty much only running a single feminized seed at a time, per garden.

Good question.

7 Likes

Thanks man, weighing my options for a small space and low # of plants. Appreciate the insight as 1 plant flowering keeps other options open. Unlike you, I plan to keep a mother or 2, so this could definitely work.

4 Likes

Quick shot of the Honduras Breeze:

10 Likes

Here’s a shot of the tallest bud on the screen. Look how sexy this bud structure is! Golden Tiger is some exotic looking shit.

10 Likes

Love those thin, serrated leaves. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Day 56 on the GT. Just think, if this was an afghani or something like that, I’d be chopping right now! Probably another month to go…

11 Likes

Day 12 on the Honduras Breeze:

10 Likes

Welcome @hush, I like the name, Hidey Hole… it reminds me of my long gone grandma, she used to say that when we were kids.

I’m trying to get myself set up tp begin running sativa strains. I have a couple starting but I’m still working on my grow space downstairs. It has 9 foot high ceilings!

Nice looking genetics and I’ll tag along and watch. I’m excited to to get into the Asia genetics, too. Peace

6 Likes

Glad to have you here, friend. I’m happy to remind you of your grandma, too. I don’t know how much experience you have with the long flowering sativas, but I find that they are actually easier to work with than the short, squat indicas. They take twice as long, of course, but if you are a decent enough gardener that shouldn’t trip you up much if at all. They just seem to be more forgiving of mistakes and less-than-optimal conditions. Also, mold and bud rot are far less of a concern. Plus, the high they offer seems to have that spiritual component that the narcotic strains don’t have. :thumbsup:

6 Likes

I totally agree. This last run was mostly indica dom, and I’m going crazy… I need some daytime smoke! ha.

I haven’t done any super long running strains so it’ll be fun. I have a Malawi Gold(afro pips) x Colombian Gold '72 just geting started. I have some Malawi Gold too.I have some old Mexi landrace seeds, too but they’ll require more attention at first.

Thanks for the encouragement! peace

5 Likes

Just did some more tucking on the Honduras Breeze… the stretch is pretty crazy.

12 Likes

Have you grown it before? Is it Ace seeds? I was reading the description. It sounds pretty nice! The screen is looking good and it sure looks like it has some strong limbs!

5 Likes

Yeah it’s a new, limited edition offering from Ace. Something about the description made me pull out my checkbook and immediately buy a pack when I saw it for the first time.

And thanks for the kind words. :+1:

2 Likes

Golden Tiger, day 59.

14 Likes

That looks like a nice yielder. Seems like I’ve heard of the Golden Tiger, not sure, I’ll look it up.

I read the description of the Honduran strain yesterday and I saw what you mean. It sounds really nice.

2 Likes

Day 61 Golden Tiger, LEDs off, flash on:

10 Likes