Hush's hidey hole

Day 61 Golden Tiger, LEDs back on:

11 Likes

A couple shots of the undercarriage:

16 Likes

Looking good so far Hush. :+1::seedling:

3 Likes

^ Right on, man, thankee.

So, last night I noticed nanners on the Honduras Breeze. Whoops. I don’t know if it’s genetic or not, but I suppose it could be due to the training. Nonetheless, I plucked what I saw, and tonight I’ll probably defoliate so I can get more. I squished what I plucked and none of them had pollen in them. I’ll do my best to keep this as sinsemilla as possible, but I’m guessing I’ll realistically be finding some seeds in the end product. Oh wellz!!!

5 Likes

I’ve had people suggest the Optic Foliar Switch when this happened before. Not used it myself, but perhaps something to consider.

Optic Foliar Switch 4 Liters / 1.05 Gallon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FYLDAFG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_PVpfDbS6ABPQM

2 Likes

Oh, shit. That’s the same stuff as what used to be in Dutch Master Reverse. I never used anything like that before, but I used to sell it in the hydro store I worked in. Lots of people swore by it. Very interesting to know that the product still exists out there under other brands.

3 Likes

Here’s a shot of the new tent that I setup for my last tester seed from Female Seeds. I’ll start up a journal for it as soon as it grows a little. It’s boring right now.

6 Likes

I was actually going to beg you for an under-canopy shot like this! I’ve been super curious how these long gnarly sativas bend for scrogging.

It’s wild how those side branches thickened and lengthened so much when trained into that scrog setup!

4 Likes

I know, right? It’s like they just don’t waste any time switching hormones around and saying, “okay, this one is now the top, okay, this one is too, okay…” :smile:

4 Likes

Day 20 on the Honduras Breeze.

8 Likes

Golden Tiger day 65:

16 Likes

Looking nice and healthy, I love seeing all those frosty buds, like that.

2 Likes

GT Day 70.

12 Likes

Just chugging along, huh? Looking nice.

3 Likes

Thank you. Yep, just a-chuggin’ along. Trichome development is now shifting into gear.

I was trying to play around with the settings on my camera, through the Method 7 glasses, and other things. I’m not very good at getting proper white balance for photos of LED gardens, but I did end up with a single one I thought I’d share here. Golden Tiger flower at day 71:

7 Likes

Golden Tiger Day 73:

I’ve noticed they’re drinking less, so I drained about 3 gallons from the res and topped it off with water. I do this with plants that I haven’t top-watered during the grow… It seems to get them to use up what’s in the root zone.

10 Likes

Honduras Breeze Day 29:

10 Likes

Now that I’ve reached the beginning of the end of the Golden Tiger grow, I’m realizing that normally I would be raising the lights a little bit, to help the plant finish. But I don’t have that option with this setup. It’s as high as it’s going. So instead, I’ve turned off the blue spectrum on this light, reducing the light level by 50%. It’s now an orange-pink color in the garden, and I’m thinking that might even help ripen things up.

6 Likes

I tend to agree by things I’ve read. You’re supposed to be able to boost terpene production using red spectrum towards the end. There was an article in Maximum Yield mag a few months back. There is science in that regard. I don’t have any links handy. Let us know what you think about it in the end! peace

5 Likes

Yeah, the science seems sound to me. So what can go wrong, right? Seems perfectly safe. I don’t want the buds to foxtail into infinity so I always raise the lights, normally, or otherwise make there be less light in there at the end.

3 Likes