Hybrid strains from Colorado breeder...legit or bs

So I have been living in Colorado for approximately 15 years now and have been around medical cannabis for 8+years and I have worked at dispensaries doing trimming(most start in trim jail), budtender and the best was overseeing security for a grow op and I was around people who were legitimate breeders and more who claimed to be and had nothing but words n stories…I’m in no way saying I know something about breeding but I don’t claim to and that brings me to the point of this and if I am wrong about it great but I have a dispensary in Denver that is representing The Bank Genetics and I have this strain and wondered about the possibility of bs on the lineage so who better than the OG community to ask here’s what I found after A SHITLOAD of digging I found out that Black Eyed Katy (fall’97×Phishhead Kush) Black Eyed Katy (The Bank Genetics) :: Cannabis Strain Info

3 Likes

Ok, I LOVE the naming scheme, don’t know a thing about the plant. But its funny that Phish debuted Black Eyed Katy in Fall '97, so Fall 97 x Phishhead Kush is just a great naming strategy. And being a purple bud, even more so.

Now ya got me looking into Bank Genetics, and they got lots of phishy strain names. That alone piques my interest so thanks for that! At LEAST 20 “Phishy” strains… Curious on Island Tour now actually… The only full tour I ever did. And Jibboo… Damn man, you’re sending me down a rabbithole here!

3 Likes

Yuppers I understand u but it’s just annoying that unless you live in or near Denver they don’t sell them except for the dispensary The Clinic and I am thinking about running to Denver to get another starting or two and please don’t hesitate to get a hold of me if you’re interested in any beans always willing to trade and I am just looking for some critical Mass, Skywalker OG or White Widow and I am just glad that I have been able to figure out what fall97 is as well as the Phishhead Kush so basically it’s Purple Urkle × OG Kush (fall 97)and Afghani Kush ×OG Kush (Phishhead Kush) but I haven’t heard a lot about them but overall it’s worth a look at and prices aren’t bad so I have 2 feminized Black Eyed Katy seeds left of the 6 I bought and I’d even be willing to gift them to you or someone else to see how it goes in a different setup but I will around and am on OG everyday

1 Like

Sounds very intriguing. Especially with the correlation. And the parental strains are spectacular. Definitely have me intrigued now.

1 Like

When I lived in Denver I used to work at the clinic. I got 2 packs of seeds while I worked there for free idk if they still do points but I used my points on the seeds. Anyways I asked some of the co workers about the bank and if their legit. One guy told me he heard a plant hermied and pollinated a room and instead of getting rid of everything and starting over they decided to sell the seeds.

Oh yea these guys used to call themselves Reserva privada seeds not sure if they were affiliated with DNA or not so confusing I hate when these seed guys use the same name.

Now idk if this is true or not but with all that being said the fall 97 and spicy dicso are fire if you decide to grow them out please do a journal.

2 Likes

And this right here is always the question in the back of my mind from unknown breeders. At least getting beans on here, users are pretty legit in what they offer, vigilant for herm traits and knowledgeable about the growth of the beans.

Buying beans just for a cool name… Hate to say it but marketing was born for a reason LOL

Still sucked me down a rabbithole…

3 Likes

So I bought 6 “feminized” seeds of the Black Eyed Katy (Fall’97×Phishhead Kush) and I actually had the first one turn hermaphrodite on me and I went through everything and nobody was able to help me out with how or what stressed it out to cause and now I am currently growing another Black Eyed Katy and this one is doing the same exact thing I did some digging around and I wss told a very similar story about how instead of being a reputable breeder they had several hermie in a massive grow and they sold them as feminized and I am just frustrated because I know that it’s not gonna be feminized all the time and it’s part of growing but when you get so called feminized seeds and then you spend a lot of time, effort and money growing and it’s just getting annoying because I finally found out about the lineage and history of the strain but I love when it says the strain name and says probably in bold …like it’s Fall '97is OG Kush×Purple Urkle and Phishhead Kush says it’s OG Kush x Lowland Afghani Kush and I love the crosses that are used but after 2 hermie runs and no pollination just green immature nanners and no seeds are present

…here’s my BEK start of week 7 for flowering

2 Likes

Yea that’s shitty sorry to hear. How’s the smell? @DrGonzo13

I ended up giving my seeds away which were sour head and citrix. I told the guys I gave it to what I said here and they were more than happy to take them. One actually grew one out with good results.

1 Like

It’s really got a strong diesel with a little earthy/pine aroma and I am noticing a little bit of purple Urkle showing up in the darkening sugar leaves turning what appears black and is really a dark shade of purple but I just got two seeds left so I’m gonna be leaving mother nature decide what they are because they are going outdoors this year and I am going to be starting some Cavity Crush (Reeze MAC Flurry×Runtz BX)!THANKS TO @NugLifeFarms420 they’ll be getting popped shortly about mid March and I am stoked about this strain

1 Like

Yuppers and I took it hook line and sinker! Shit happens and when you have the beans I recently won u can’t be upset

1 Like