Bagseed opinions.

I know I know I know. I finally have the luxury of easily acquiring seeds and clones and I have been for quite some time. But over the last 15 years many of my girls were bagseeds as this one is my good friends that I’m showing him how to grow. I’m now starting my own projects at home trying to breed and pheno hunt. (Very small scale due to my house and wife. LOL) I’m now living vicariously through a good friend who just spent thousands of dollars on equipment who’s never in his life seen a plant grow. This man has all the space and I can spread my wings with him. Me teaching and us both learning. Anyways, I’m high and trailed off. Look at whatever this El aquamista bag seat is that we’ve been growing.

32 Likes

looks goood…how does it smell?

2 Likes

Atleast you know the mom and tasted her which is saying more than some commercial seeds out there. Looks great!

Seems close El Alquimista Marijuana Strain Information & Reviews | AllBud

1 Like

I grew nothing but bag seeds for the first few years (college grows). Then when I jumped back in 10 yrs ago, again it was only bag seeds… Only this year did I take the plunge and buy seeds when I started to grow again.

That being said, I had plenty of good weed, but nothing I would call fire. That nug looks damn fine to me, much better than my bag seeds produced in the past.

5 Likes

I have a good friend who got a his favorite cookie cut from a girl scout cookies ounce out of Colorado springs
You never know

3 Likes

I have 10x MeatBreath bagseed from a 1/2oz of purchased flower. It was advertised as “may contain seeds” and was discounted. The flower smoked really, really well! And I found about 18 seeds total in and amongst the nugs.

The largest nug had 1x seed in the middle, this one is set aside as the target plant; of the others I took 8x and sent them to a fellow OGer that also bought the same flower in search of beans and found only 3x in their entire 1/2oz… so I made sure they have enough to increase their odds in their end of this game :hugs:

It’s a big project for me emotional wise as so many things had to happen to even get this far! So it’s slated for late spring when I have a tent available to dedicate entirely to plant sex.

9 Likes

The dude that sold the most weed at my highschool has a huge collection of bagseed thats ~10 years old. I know he seperated the bagseed from his good weed and the outdoor and I’d be really interested in the good stuff but don’t really trust him lol

5 Likes

:rofl: :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m thinking maybe spring planting?

Also, since we don’t REALLY know what it is…

“Meet Bref”?

2 Likes

Through stomata I believe :smiling_imp:

BAHAHAHAHAHA! I hear ya. Maybe we call it “The Strain Formerly Known as Meat Breath” :thinking:

I’ve kept a sample of the flower to compare in the long haul. It’ll be old by the time we get through this BUT it may help :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Like gassy berries

1 Like

The original og kush and triangle kush were bag seeds from a accidental pollination , good thing somebody took the time to grow them out and keep clones…

3 Likes

TBH in my top 3 best weed I’ve ever grown was bag seed I found down in AZ years ago…came from some amazing “purps”(that’s just what they called it so who really knows…) that was $120 a 1/4!

The dude said if you find any seeds I’ll give you a free 1/8 per seed found…well my buddy found 2 and we didn’t say shit!! Lol

Only 1 ended up germinating and it just happened to be a female…the rest is history! Some of the most amazing weed I’ve ever smoked in almost 30 years! One of those rare strains that has a intense taste all the way to the ash and also couldn’t build up a tolerance to it…I’d get you just as stoned a year later as it did the first time…very special!

Yup, save them bag seeds…could be the next big thing!! :wink:

Brian(Alaskagrown)

5 Likes

One of my keepers is from my practice grow using bag seeds. Found two seeds in an oz of banana kush, grew out two beautiful and tasty plants, one was like fruity pebbles, the other was lucky charms. Only managed to save the lucky charms though :cry:

nowadays with people growing known strains indoors, those seeds are of course likely caused by hermies in the grow. But that means fem seeds and can result in some very nice plants that are either S1 or cross with what ever else was being grown at the time. So just keep an eye out for hermies, but otherwise the same as any fire fem cross/S1 being chucked and sold that have hermi prone parents.

2 Likes

If they didnt take time to innovate try new things etc. we’d all still be growin larfy regs under yellow orange eyesores.

1 Like

Dude… @Alaskagrown
I’ve lived in Arizona my whole life and I know exactly what bud you are talking about. It came from Southern California. We called it the purps, PHX Suns, Steve Hash, Amar’e Stoudafire. We called it that because of how purple and orange it was lol. We even got the lime green Phenos with no purple and as soon as you smelled the bag, yup that’s the purps

4 Likes

Yup lol

It was from Cali!!

We had the purple phenotype with orange pistils…the scissor hash smelled of straight blueberries!

Lost her when I quit working for QT and moved back to AK…damn that was almost 12 years ago now…

Alaskagrown

2 Likes

I’ve never cared for bagseeds before…
But my recent weed came with lot of beans…
Weed is :fire:
Carefully collected the beans…
Definitely gonna grow it in the future…
Sativa landrace if anyone’s interested…

3 Likes