Hypochlorous Acid......a Deep Dive

Honestly, I was trying to emphasize we consider only products that contain Hypochlorous acid and not combinations of Hypochlorous/Hypochlorite…it is in that context ‘pure’ hypochlorous acid.

3 Likes

Which is understandable as HClO is the more active product i agree.

3 Likes

Thank you for the info!!

2 Likes

Danolyte is a nature derived disinfectant + sanitizer which uses zero carcinogenic preservatives or fragrances. Our 500ppm hospital level products are best used within 3 months of production (always check batch date on the bottle). When diluting Danolyte to 200ppm for a powerful all-purpose cleaner our solution has a 6-month shelf life with a slow monthly reduction of ppm free available chlorine. We recommend storing all of our products in a temperature-controlled location not exceeding 32°C/ 89.6°F without direct sunlight.

3 Likes

OK SOME UPDATED INFORMATION !!!

If you purchase either Agrowlyte or Danolyte here’s some information that will help you out!
The manufacurer of Agrowlyte/Danolyte does not use vinegar in their process…no big deal …the ppm are still there…
Here’s what I suggest you do:
When you receive your bottle or even if you’ve used some of it…pour it in a large container and ADD WHITE (distilled0 VINEGAR to drop the pH to 5.0…this will do TWO things for you…

1. Hypochlorous Acid is stable betweem pH 3.5 and 5.0… Another words at pH 5.0 it is 99.7% ACTIVE. At pH 6.5 it is only 90% active.
  2. By adding the VINEGAR the sodium in your mix will be converted to sodium acetate, thereby diluting the concentration of salt (The sodium is still there but in a less ACTIVE form) This should eliminate most of the salt deposit you see on your leafs…

If you bought the generator great ! You will need to purchase the chlorine indicator strips to accurately determine your ppm. Also when your mix is finished (regardless of ppm) do the same thing…ADD the white (distilled) vinegar until you have a pH of 5.0…this will maintain your potency, whether or not you decide to store some for a rainy day!!!1

Hope this helps! BTW the FloraFlex DOES use vinegar in the process…their product is pH 3.5 out of the bottle !!! DO NOT BE CONCERNED WITH THIS pH…this is not a nutrient and a completely different animal!!

Remember @ravenchief applied the FloraFlex full strength pH 3.7 on his initial test plant!

5 Likes

Still waiting to hear back whether they will ship to Canada.

1 Like

Pete, I can’t imagine there are any shipping restrictions,
You could always buy the generator and make your own.

The cost of materials is minimal, and having the machine on hand gives you the opportunity to eliminate any Bacterial or Fungal infection immediately!!!

When you think about it, you’ve paid off the machine after producing 3 gallons of acid!

1 Like

You’re quickly becoming one of my favorite people on here Bob. You’re right, it makes more sense to just buy the “new fangled contraption” than to keep buying something I can make…cheaply. Thanks yet again for all your help!

3 Likes

Just out of curiousity, what’s the shelf life of an unopened bottle of BudBuster? Looking toward next time…

1 Like

Pete, I don’t actually own the machine myself, but several members have purchased it and it gives you great control over your hypochlorous acid concentrations…

You will want to purchase the chlorine indicator strips as that will confirm what your ppms of active acid are…other than that it seems pretty straight-forward.

I think this really would be a lifesaver for growers in isolated areas, hell, just having it in the cabinet would give me sound sleep!!

1 Like

Pete,

We actually went through great lengths in our product development to concentrate BBP as much as possible.

BBP will store indefinitely in a indoor cabinet kept at room temperature.

Thanks for asking!

3 Likes

Awesome…that’s great to hear. Really appreciate your fast response time too.

I’m going to wait until my plants are in full bud and invite some close friends over that are growers and let them in on my secret miracle solution. I’ll get you at least a few customers.

1 Like

LOL, sometimes it’s fun to just tease their curiosity for awhile!
I know it’s hard to contain yourself!!

I shoot some of my nieghbors ornamentals with left over BBP when I do my yards…early on I’d just roam over and treat some individual plants…then wait for bloom and ask ‘WOW, that’s a beautiful bloom on those hydrangea or peonies…what the hell did you do to them’

It was sooo much fun when they caught on…but… I kinda created a monster because whenever the see me out there with my sprayer, they’re asking me if I mixed any extra!!!

4 Likes

Just ordered the Eco one generator. Looking forward to powdery mildew this year! Thanks Bob.

3 Likes

Good for you!!

Like putting a double barrel 12 ga. in the closet…

WPM, Alternaria, Bud Rot…bring it on MF’s!!

5 Likes

So PM has reared its ugly head…I was away for a few days and I’ve got a minor infestation. I sprayed the plant that had it, and the 3 nearest it got misted on the side facing that plant. Hopefully taken care of, but will keep my eyes on them all.

Would the hypochlorous acid work to kill off PM on the ground if I sprayed the crap out of it in the fall and again in the spring? I’m thinking it would. I’m still not sure how I’m getting it, even bought mold resisitant strains this year. But Joe Crowe has a thread going on about it and mentioned it can live in plant matter on the ground over the winter.

2 Likes

Pete, yes, the spores will live on infected leaf debris residing on the surface…it requires oxygen to live so it will not survive if tilled into the soil…an easy fix would be simply remove any leaf residue from the surface and spray your acid just to wet the surface.

Honestly, most WPM is spread by spores through the air. When heat/humidity favors development of WPM in surrounding vegitation, spores are shed…you can think of fungal spores kinda like pollen…spreads in the wind and sometimes insect pests…FWIW

3 Likes

@CanuckistanPete I see you bought the generator for this. I just wanted to hear your thoughts on it.
@BudBusterPro how close is 200 ppm to what the dilution would be if you bought a gallon of danolyte and did a 50/50 dilution?

Thank you both for sharing

3 Likes

@Emeraldgreen, I believe both Danolyte and Agrowlyte are 0.46% which is 460ppm. Gosh, it’s been a bit since I read the Eco One instructions online… I believe the 3 eight minute cycles on setting #3 with the machine will get you an equivalent concentration.

One of the things that becomes apparent with owning the generator, is that you can prepare the acid simply and quickly…I guess I’m saying you could treat on a regular basis so concentration becomes less important. I know some growers are using 5 eight minute cycles…it’s completely up to you !

I aplogize, that information is available on the Eco One website I posted up top, so you can confirm for yourself…Bob

6 Likes

I’m pretty happy with it. Easy to use and cheap to make your own hypochlorous acid. I can’t believe there isn’t more people talking about this.

Bob, it produces 100 ppm in 8 mins on the 3rd setting so about 38 minutes for 460 ppm. So ya, basically 5 - 8 minute cycles.

8 Likes