I cant be alone... Rashes from skin contact with live cannabis?

Just was training and defoliating and my inner forearms are covered in tiny bumps and they itch and are red.

Who else suffers from this?

Its only on the inner forearms. Outer forearms seem immune. So strange.

Think its about time in invest in some long sleeved shirts.

5 Likes

its also only live cannabis. Though ive never really rubbed dried cannabis on my forearms and seems my fingers and hand is immune. Just the soft parts of my skin.

Curious to hear peoples reactions and what they do to prevent. Does simply a long sleeve shirt work or does it still find a way in?

I want to say I saw someone else like that here. Cant for the life of me think of who though. Long sleeves and rubber gloves I think would be basic SOP, maybe glasses if you tend to get right up in there.

3 Likes

Company called farmers armor sells selves. It’s very common when cultivating to get skin irritations from cannabis.

5 Likes

Other thing that could happen is a insect infestations… that jump on you when you disturb the plant.

yeah its definitely not insects.

ill look into that farmer armor

1 Like

Damn…must be pretty common if a company has a product specifically for it.

Looks comfy as well.

Ordered the sea weed sleeves

Thanks a bunch dude

My arms thank you

5 Likes

I have this same problem and want to thank you for nugging me in the direction of something to help with it.

3 Likes

I could see it causing irritations to some. And it makes sense to be your inner fore arm rather than outter, your outer arm takes more daily abuse whether its rubbing on stuff or getting burnt by the sun your skin will be tougher

2 Likes

My whole inner forearm was red and had like 50 tiny bumps. Yeah thats gotta be it. Inner forearm skin is softer.

2 Likes

Honestly it’s a sensitive area, I work in saltwater fish tanks and sometimes the underside of my arm will get irritated but not the other side. As for fresh vs dried plants, the fresh plants still have its natural defenses, which include volatile compounds that dissipate as it dries. Trichromes (not just the resin heads) themselves are part of the defense system, that include fragile spiky hair like structures.

1 Like

Nope, definitely not alone, this an issue I have struggled with as well. When my cabinet gets out of hand I really have no choice but to stick my arms deep into the jungle, and when essential oil production is high it gets itchy as fuck. I have often gloved up and then gotten my wife to wrap my forearms in saran wrap! :rofl:

Long sleeves are no good, just end up getting fibers stuck to your buds.

This is why I’ve ended up searching for veterinary exam gloves before… I just never seem to go through with it…

9 Likes

yeah I get itchy bumps after a heavy defoliation or close inspection for bugs preflowers etc

usually only one or two though and they go away in a few hours.

2 Likes

If you have old knee-length socks, cut the bottom 1/2 inch, use it like a sleeve, over your rubber gloves. I use this technique when I thoroughly clean my Pellet Stove. Throw them in the Washer, reuse!!! ALL, please take care, stay EXTRA safe (things getting worse), enjoy a splendid Holiday Season and, be well…mister :honeybee:

4 Likes

The non-glandular trichomes are the culprits for your rash. Tiny silica needles are present along with the glandular trichomes.

10 Likes

I have the same problem like being on fire :frowning:

and too many edibles my nose runs like a faucet :slight_smile:

all the best

Dequilo

3 Likes

I’ve noticed it too but also it seems some strains are worse than others & foliar sprays (i.e. neem, pyrethrins in my case) seem to be part of it too, IMO.

Long sleeves & gloves. :v: Or coat yourself in hash before hand. :+1: :joy:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

My skin gets irritated forearm, underarm, all over. If I touch my skin anywhere else after handling cannabis, that can become irritated too. I also get what I think is Aspergillosis from handling dried herb and also I hate trimming because the terpenes irritate the fuck out of my nose. I have to wear a mask but an industrial one, not the covid face masks. I’m a mess following trimming. It’s nuts. It’s the part I hate the most. Trim jail torture chamber.
I think Aspergillosis might run in the family, although this is like an amateur self diagnosis. My uncle had it bad and had to be on weird steroids and anti-biotics his whole life. He was told he either had to be on drugs his whole life or have part of his lung cut out. I get it after cutting back dusty plants also like ivy (which I hate - anyone who likes ivy is fucked imo).
I could never work as bud trimmer.

5 Likes

@Mestizo jesus christ that doesnt sound good…

@cannabissequoia for me its definitely I strain thing. Also if I grow a strain more than once it starts affecting me more

Do you guys have regular allergies as well? Over the past year ive developed bad allergies. I think to dust cause its year round. My nose is always stuffy and constant post nasal drip.

My mother developed allergies around my age and my older sister as well. Sister sounds just like me always sniffling and snorting.

2 Likes

Lol. NSA sees you dont have any cows and just assumes youre into some Bdsm type shit. Lol

2 Likes