Allergies to cannabis plants

Anybody else struggling? Constant itchy hives and blisters here. Any known remedies?

1 Like

i get hives from contact with the plants. i just do my best to ignore it, ice or cold water applied to the area helps

2 Likes

I am allergic to pot!! Within 1 hit I will start sneezing and my eyes will water. Seems I have to smoke it to have those effects. Touching or being around plants does not do the same thing. Before finishing a joint my nose will be so stopped up I cannot breath threw it. I have no allergies to anything else in the world.

2 Likes

Also asthma which is an indicator. No obvious reaction to smoking but I don’t think hanging out with them, half naked in my yard, is doing me any good.

7 Likes

Hash? tincture, isolates? Most of my food allergies go away when the food is processed. Haven’t experimented with cats.

9 Likes

WOW…come to think of it NO…only with bud!

2 Likes

Looking forward with scientific curiosity and some trepidation to my first trim.

1 Like

I have a hoodie and a box of nitrile gloves I put on before going into my tents.

3 Likes

also get the hives or itchy bumps from contact of some stains, typically when the leaves spiky edges are being a little aggressive or we with them lol.

1 Like

LOL i know for a fact there are Chinese buffet restaurants in Oregon :joy:

11 Likes

Well, no matter what the season is or what’s blooming, I scratch my skin off every single day I step into my garden. Pretty sure I’m allergic to everything out there. So cannabis allergies? Probably. Over the counter remedies I use are cortisone cream and Claritin (Benadryl works in a pinch, but I’m intolerant to it). Usually I use a stronger allergy cream that my doctor prescribed.

2 Likes

I dont smoke - I only use Green Dragon directly or RSO capsules I make. My nose gets stuffy if I take a heavy dose, but handling the plants doesnt seem to bother me much at all. There may be a slight itching on my skin but thats it.

I DO wear nytrile gloves when I trim now, but not for normal handling, thinning of leaves.

1 Like

I get hives only on the wrist and forearms. I’m usually wearing long sleeves anyways so it doesn’t bother me too much

I find it happens with certain strains and usually strains I’ve grown before.

I also have mild allergies with pretty much most stonefruits and apples and avocados

1 Like

You are the only other person I know of who is allergic to the green-devil-fruit too. I’m fine with raw cannabis though. For some reason avocados became so damn popular lately they put that shit on everything now-a-days. Keep them for guac and sushi. Get them the fuck out of my salads and burgers. Savages.

3 Likes

Lol. And keep it off my dang toast! Don’t assume my generation!

It’s one of the things I’m most allergic to. My throat itches. Everything else my lips just get a little itchy.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I stated in a previous post that certain strains make me get so congested then I start to cough up a lung on the wall, almost.

mike28086

1 Like

Have you figured out which? I’m wondering if a pure CBD would bother me as much.

The itch (arms, legs, torso, butt) is seriously messing with my sex life. That will be a show stopper if I don’t get it sorted out.

1 Like

I have noticed that Penny Wise and White Widow make me cough more than Somango XXL, Cheri Pie, Crater Lake and others do. I grow, harvest, dry, jar and burp these strains all the same, but still the Penny Wise and White Widow make my head and chest clog up. This is unfortunate, as Penny Wise has become my go to for relaxation, and pain relief in certain areas.

mike28086

2 Likes

I have heard of white widow giving people trouble before.

3 Likes