Breathing issues post trimming

Anyone else develops severe headaches and breathing issues after trimming? Trimmed up a lb last night and by the end I almost went to urgent care. Tons of wheezing, felt like my lungs were full of fluid, couldn’t stop coughing. Anyone else develope similar issues? Tips? I ordered a respirator for the future

10 Likes

I am allergic but not to that degree.

4 Likes

Get a Covid19 test just in case, those could be symptoms of the latest going around … :mask:

2 Likes

Any chance your weed had any mold or PM on it? Sounds like allergies.

8 Likes

Been in and out getting tested for three weeks nothing.

1 Like

I wondered that as I’ve been smoking a ton of my grow recently. There was absolutely no signs of PM or Mold anywhere during trimming last month or this recent trim….

I know I have some sort of allergy because if I run the buds and trimmings on my skin I break out in a rash and hives.

Guessing this is happening to my insides when I breath it as well. It’s god aweful. Debating tossing the last 5 finished ladies out, I just don’t think I can handle it.

3 Likes

Pheno/ strain dependent…no headache, but worse allergies ever; only when I wet trimmed. Also, some of them make me break out in hives; reach in to pull dead leaves, forearm gets welts. I keep my face away, reminds me of ant bites.

6 Likes

Yeah similar to me but the headaches bring tears to my eyes they are so bad!

3 Likes

I found a bag with about a half pound in it that I missed burping during the cure and it developed a shitload of dark green mold spores.

No, but I get all sticky and itchy. Hate that.

Hmmm well I’m in grove bags and they are hovering at 62 RH, I don’t burp them just let them sit I doubt at that RH I’d be developing mold?

I can start burping and see but I’m talking about allergies when trimming fresh wet bud…

It’s the terpenes. Weed used to get its flavor from different chemicals that exist in the food industry not the cleaner industry. The breeders brought us floor cleaner solvents instead of consumable flavors. Only reason weed could be legalized, make it poison first.

3 Likes

Right. My favourite cross is NL x Clorox.

13 Likes

Ah yes, I sure do miss the old days of food product flavored weed! Shame they went and started using cleaning products for terpenes!
Oh wait. Never mind. That’s ludicrous and makes no sense. :rofl::rofl::rofl::bear:
I always dip my bud in hummus anyway, so it masks the flavor of oust.

10 Likes

Yes the clorophill , it makes me weese too , badly , I can’t smoke bud till 3 w dry and cure

I don’t wet trim also

I can’t snif jars till then either etc etc

3 Likes

Those bleach terps just hit different.

3 Likes

Will PM show under black light ? Now I’m worried about possible PM, I had a few buds and leaves that were so covered in trichs it looked like mounds of them just together so much that they were actually building up height on the leaves. I just thought it was super frosty bud but now have concerns. I can photo it later but I did some reading that PM will show under a black light and the trichs won’t…. Any truth to giving it a shot?

As @IKEA22 said just don’t wet trim, if that’s what you’re doing. Wear a niosh mask while plucking the fans etc before hanging them, long sleeves, beanie. Plant doesn’t want you to kill it hang it and smoke it, it wanted to create seeds and drop them on the floor of your tent. And on the Clorox terps, chem profiles aren’t nearly as bad as cloying sugar terps. Shit makes me nauseous after a few hours. Had plenty of those hybrids around back in the day.

Also, you won’t know if there’s PM in there without testing it in a lab. If you’ve ever lived by an ocean and smoked local outdoor you know.

2 Likes

When I bust up my blackberry breath I get itchy, watery eyes…same when I smoke it…no other strain does it. But it was really stinky, but not that hardcore to make you cry…lol

2 Likes

@Animosity sounds like your allergic to weed. Get some antihistamine when you handle it and it will reduce the effects. Small exposure to pollen stops my sinuses up like concrete

6 Likes