I cloned an Auto

Let me explain how to create a fast. First do your auto X photo breeding. Then grow out a selection of seeds. Find a non auto lady with a significantly faster flower period. Use clones from that lady only, reverse a cut and impregnate the other cut/s.

You may have to take clones from several nice ladies because only by flowering them can you Identify the fast pheno. This avoids unwanted auto traits from the F1 photo X auto chuck. I know this cause I’ve done truckloads of fast.

1 Like

Yup 100%. A true auto will be like a branch off the mum and that’s the best that clone will ever be as it’s a branch from its mum. With 10 week autos you get a nubbin bud.

1 Like

I think folk getting confused. Auto X photo F1 isn’t auto. The green crack clones, not autos, maybe fast or a auto X photo but not true autos.

Just as an example of a true auto.

Giga zkittles auto I bred. The grower stuffed up and burnt her in the first few weeks of life resulting in stunting. Still it’s about a 10 week seed to harvest strain. 11-12, if you like heaps of amber trichomes. These ultra fast autos you need grow a few cause 4 Oz is like the best yeild I’ve ever gotten from one.

12-14 week autos 8 Oz the best under lights. Hope this info helps you out a bit with the grow. :relaxed:

This is my experience as well… Cute, but not really worth it. I gave a couple as gifts which was ki da cool cause you can just set them in the window, on the countertop or wherever… grow a joint! Cha cha cha chia!

3 Likes

Yup that’s about what you get from cloning true autoflowering babies. :heart_eyes: Cute af but not much smoke.

1 Like

Can you explain more, because this does not jive with Mendelian genetics as I understand them.

Okay so now we have a heterozygous plant with both a recessive and a dominant allele. IME, this is where everyone stops and calls that a fast version or, even worse, a super auto.

I’m with you so far…

Well they will all be non auto won’t they? IME they are all faster than the photoperiod at this point.

So now you are crossing two heterozygous plants. So 25% of the offspring will be autos at this point.

There are never autos when you cross an auto to a photo. Now if that photo was actually heterozygous at that allele, then you would have some auto tendencies in that first cross (50% actually).

11 Likes

^^^^^^ yeah .

5 Likes

No. Not all will be fast. Some will auto, some will be pretty similar flower time to non auto parent, some will be much faster, couple weeks. What selfing is:extreme inbreeding. Mendel has very little to do with reversals. Selection is key.

So STS reversal of a selected F1 mums cuts/clones. So what this will do is make the characterstics of the clones used dominant. You can read up on this on idk royal queen seeds sight or something.

Have you ever run 100 F1 seeds photo X auto? You’ll find some will auto, some are fast, some are almost the same as the photo period. Now this is what Mendel states about an F1 X. You get various recombinations. So by selecting the desired combination at F1 and cloning then femme reversal you’ll basically get that expression as dominant.

You can then take that to S2. Again anyone else doing this on the regular? This in turn will further reinforce the selected traits esp. Using an S1 to bx to the F1 mother cut or the mother cut reversed and applied to the S1.

these are all S2 fast seed plants. Bred in the manner outlined above. They are a fire og that’s had 2 weeks shaved off the flower time. Grown by one of my testers.

I’ve grown out F1 photo X auto and most do not auto. Most do have slightly shorter flower times and you get the odd auto expression nowhere near 50% so we can therefore conclude they are not hetrozygous at that allele.

The best teacher is experience coupled with education. I’m aware of what your saying and I do agree 90%. However the difference between regular breeding and taking a cutting and basically reversing it and then repeat hitting that cut with its offspring is significant.

By having to divergent allele expressing on the photoperiod vs auto recessive trait would indicate previous breeding with an auto by the photo period parent. In my understanding, which may be limited.

I have done it. I didn’t know what I had at the time. It’s a good way to learn how to clone also. They where photos. Not autos.

1 Like

I’m not crossing two separate hetrozygous plants. I’m crossing one plant with itself. Its genetic material will not recombine as I’m not introducing new material from a seperate parent. This is your S1, the S2 I’ve found do not auto either as you’ve moved far enough away from that recessive trait. Imeo. I may be completely wrong again on this. However the success I’ve had with creating fast lead me to believe this.

1 Like

I was just trying to join your conversation it is a good one.

1 Like

Sorry dude I’m still trying to explain myself. I had to reread ReikoX a couple times to figure out everything he was saying. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

He’s a good one and @lefthandseeds. @ReikoX they are some smart growers. Their breakdown is very easy to understand.

1 Like

Oh it’s really interesting and a lot of fun to do. Breeding is so much fun and the new creations, growing them out to find the new flavors etc is what keeps me growing. :relaxed::relaxed: Again apologies if I seemed rude to anyone.

1 Like

You didn’t seem rude to me. I think we all can be a little humble sometimes.

Always. Tbh my latest mixed strain run is the first time in almost 2 years I’ve grown genetics that didn’t breed myself. I was missing cherry pie tbh. Glad I’ve got a few seed plants going and cloned them.

It’s nice to grow and smoke the older classics I grew up with like silver pearl, Cindy 99 etc and the 00s like headband, cherry pie, etc and some newer ones like dosido, moonbow and stardawg. It’s like getting schooled all over again.

1 Like

This is exactly what the punnett squares predicts in the F2 generation. Are you certain you started with a homozygous photoperiod?

What makes reversals magic? Even when selfing, the punnett squares still holds.

Actually, selfing will make the characteristics divergent. Ryan Lee was just talking about this recently.

Sorry, no. I only work with populations of about 25 or so due to space and plant counts.

Again selfing doesn’t work that way. If it did, then all the elite cuts would be available in seed form as S1s. Anyone who has grown GG4 S1, for example, will tell you they do not come out like the GG4 clone.

Nope, cannabis is an obligate outcrosser. Repeated selfing can stack deleterious alleles.

Now the backcross may get you there.

You should give a listen to the this Breeders Roundtable discussion. I know, it’s five hours long, but Ryan Lee (AKA Chimera) goes into a lot of details about selfing and backcrossing in order to preserve a line from a single cut.

If these techniques work for you, by all means continue what you are doing. Your plants look great. You said they were two weeks faster, how long to they take to finish?

3 Likes

This weeks update. First the reveg didn’t take. Second found another flowering clone (in front of mother, it was mislabeled). The first 2 clones seem to be taking their time.

Thanks for all the comments, learning a lot.

FYI-Mother grown in Kind soil(usually DWC my autos). The clones are in roots and perlite fed fox farm nutes. The light is bloom plus 3000. Skil level- novice hobbyist homegrower for personal fun and games. Started during quarantine, used fed stimulus money (Thanks Don) to get started. Till next week.

1 Like

Breeder say 49-63 days. I have already harvested the first auto and the end of a 2 week cure is next week. Only got 10 grams. Let ya’ll know what I think when I try it out