I have a hard time waiting

Start a vegetable garden. What you learn from that comes in handy for your indoor grows as well, if you use living soil that is.

One of these makes a great way occupy your time and keep your mind off things :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Just put an offer in on a used Addams family that needs some TLC…

if I get it I’ll post pics.

…as far as my suggestion to “leave it alone” is reverse your light cycles so it’s dark during the day.

I used to obsess, fuss and fiddle over my plants constantly, now I can’t touch them.

4 Likes

Nice, I got that one for free as it was broken and I rebuilt it. I was going to put it in my cottage basement but it’s a 1971 Electro mechanical so the switches would oxidize with the humidity and I would be always sanding contacts so it’s just in my house basement. I used to do repairs on the old stand up and sit down arcade games so I still have some kicking around. I think around 13 of them :rofl:

5 Likes

dude, that isn’t “some”…that’s a mid-sized arcade in 1983!

3 Likes

I made a thread and posted a few. Just so we don’t clog up this thread.

2 Likes

My daughter thinks I have ADHD and at first I’m like nah, because I always did good in school. I’d get in trouble for saying inappropriate shit, but good grades keep you out of real trouble. But I’m beginning to think she has a point. I smoke at work to relax my mind and focus on what I need to do.

6 Likes

To ‘look’ is devine…to ‘touch’ is a sin lol Sometimes the pollen sacs can open in just a matter of an hour or so later than the last time you look. So I say look all ya want! I sure do lol the wife says she think’s sommetimes I’m more married to the grow than her! :rofl: :wink: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I suffer from awful ADHD; never really suffered until I left middle school. Those with ADHD and high intelligence often find very clever and effective ways to cope. I learned everything I ever needed to for tests in class, or I already knew it from my own study. Once I started being expected to study at home, on my own, the fact I did zero homework really became apparent.

But you know, if it’s something you’re interested in (like plants) you just can’t wait. Convenient huh? Distraction is key, although in these dull days I find myself not able to even go over 24 hrs. How some people check once a week I’ll never know.

5 Likes

I feel your pain haha i spend alot of my day chilling with my plants, wife gets pissed cuz I’ll sometimes spend hours back there just hanging out with them listening to music or watching stuff on my phone and smoking. Definitely guilty of overchecking seeds and plants multiple times a day. But LITFA can have some awesome results.

2 Likes

I like the idea someone above had. Grow some herbs and vegetables. Start your own seeds and find some things that would work good around the yard this summer. You can get organic grown seeds for about anything, even in WalMart.

I started doing that. I have two tomato plants inside the house a couple of herbs, basil and rosemary, and will have some things ready to go outside when the time is right. I even have one really pretty bright red tomato ready to harvest! peace

1 Like

What is this LIFTA you are mentioning?

I’ll be growing veggies and shit, it’s a little too cold for that now and while waiting on my gear to arrive all I’ve got is an old 150W switchable ballast HPS / MH light from when I thought about going back small again about 10 years ago but tossed everything in a moment of sanity.

I’ve developed all kinds of crazy strategies for managing ADHD lists, schedules, head games that keep me employed and the lights on.

But waiting is a bitch. I’m already like…I’ve ruined my beans (four popped quick, the rest not so much), order more, no order clones. All this while waiting for my tent and lights to arrive.

3 Likes

Its Leave it the fuck alone :slight_smile:

LITFA

6 Likes

i resemble that remark slightly, i do ok, but actually what made me more patient was running perpetual every month new seedlings new veg new flower and new harvest, kinda keeps me busy.

3 Likes

I put that shit on everything. I’m almost empty, though. I need a new bottle/barrel. My grow goes to hell when I run out.

2 Likes

Looks like about two more weeks.

Too funny! I had wondered. Kinda thought it might be something like that. :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

If you have a hard time waiting you’re not growing enough.

3 Likes

Well, last night I kept busy and made some edibles to bring to a gathering I’m going tonight. And I ordered more beans, like the idea of having stuff at different stages all the time, make the LITFA a little easier :smiley:

1 Like

4 Likes