Too Many Choices for Next Run

This community has been a godsend to me! Between trades and giveaways and the recent Canadian Seed Chain Letter, I now have many strains to choose from!

However, I have limited space (36" x 20" x 5 feet) so I can only grow a few plants. On my last run I pollinated the girls to make two different crosses, and I am really curious what those F1s will be like. I’d also like to back-cross one of those to a new mother from the original strain, to see if I can pull more of the mother’s genes forward.

On the other hand, I am really interested to run some Harlequin BX4, some of ReikoX’s autos, some Pineapple Express… the list goes on.

I guess I am just feeling a bit overwhelmed. Can anyone else relate to this conundrum ?

5 Likes

A little bit. Lol. Have lost whole collections in the past tho, so now I give away most anything that doesn’t fit in an 18 month schedule. Makes choosing what to run next all the easier.

4 Likes

smaller pots = more plants :wink:

but yes to many plants too little space and time

6 Likes

At some point for shits and giggles I may plant all my bag seeds in 2 litre pots. I’d likely fit 64 (not that I even have 64 bag seeds) in my 4x4 tent at a push. It would be an unforgettable experience :rofl:

3 Likes

I can get 5, maybe 6, 3 gallon pots in there.

My other dilemma is that the new Canadian laws (October 13) will allow for 4 plants. This arbitrary number really limits my options for variety and breeding, and I am still unclear if this number includes seedlings.

Likely I’ll just say fuck it and grow what I want, but it would be nice to be “legal”.

2 Likes

I’m UK so even a single plant is illegal. If I’m gonna get charged I may as well make it worthwhile :joy:

3 Likes

Move to Canada, mate! Your country appears to be going down the shitter and we need more good English folk over here!

(mostly kidding)

4 Likes

It went down the shitter a long time ago. Best the UK has been is pre Thatcher :laughing:

3 Likes

Canada doesn’t accept immigrants I thought? Unless they are performing specialty jobs that Canadians in the area cannot staff.

That’s what I heard anyways

1 Like

i believe it does, just 4 plants, but mind you we have been growing up to this point…

was the plan for me to stay at 4 plants come oct 17th but honestly people who don’t know im growing should probably remain that way :wink:

2 Likes

:rofl: who you calling an immigrant? Haha.

Lol.

Didn’t mean it in a rude sense. Just the meaning of the word

1 Like

Even in this case they ask you a load of money locked in one of their bank, or you get a bad scoring at ambassade. I was chocked lol

that is correct though, but its not as hard as you think, work yes but have an acquaintance who just immigrated and is now a canadian citizen

have extended family who came in as refugees as well.

Were all immigrants, just some with more seniority than others lol

2 Likes

You heard wrong. We are the next Germany. Just watch.

But let’s steer this back to WEED! :seedling:

3 Likes

4 plants is 4 plants. As soon as a cutting has roots its a plant.

2 Likes

That’s what I feared would be the case.

Fuck that.

lol well just run smaller 1 gallons or smaller.

Im currently playing with 175ml media volume haha, but gonna bump that up to 300ish ml

think how many you could fit in at that size :wink:

2 Likes

Thing is, all I want to do is grow out a bunch and pheno hunt and/or select sexes - then I can drop that down to the 4 plants I really want.

The law doesn’t allow for anything creative like this, despite the fact my final harvest would be 4 plants. It’s fucked.

2 Likes

hey what others don’t know won’t affect them… loose lips sink ships per say :wink:

6 Likes