I havent seen this issue before today

Im not sure what happened as the plant is looking sick. Im in soil organic, aside from ph’ed water they havent had any nutrients (Still just getting them established). Any thoughts? they are a little over 2 weeks old

1 Like

Need pix…

1 Like

Can’t do much without pics or a more detailed description. Pics would def help.

What’s been said … :grin:

With info provided I’m going with overwatering : )

Well I must be high… forgot to add pictures

5 Likes

Too big a pot for size of plant has tricked you to Watering too much ie water for plant size not pot size : ) smaller pots at the start gives better control

7 Likes

Probably overwatering.

LITFA

And maybe sow some companion/cover crops, and/or top dress with mulch (kitchenscraps, grass clippings, tree leaves, nettles, dandelion, thistle, etc. ).

2 Likes

As everyone else said, overwatered

1 Like

Not going to lie, i had to look that up. Got it. looks like ill be hands off for a few days to let it all dry out.

Would it be beneficial to repot but smaller?

Thank you all for your response

3 Likes

Repotting is a bad idea at this point. Your best bet is to water less. Being in that large of a pot, just water the soil around the stalk an area roughly the diameter of the plant itself. As the plant grows, increase the “circle” you are watering. If the entire pot is soaked the roots have no reason to expand and search for moisture leaving them to rot basically.

6 Likes

Thats what i figured. Thanks

1 Like

I would imagine there wasn’t much root growth so repotting could be doable depending how confident you are , delicate work
Whaatever you decide I think pop another two seeds into smaller pots as back up ( they will likely over take the originals )

And don’t worry most overwater at start , good to get it over you earlier than later down the road
: )

5 Likes

Overwatering yes but what’s in your organic soil? What kind of lights are you using? Temps?Humidity?
Those all play a big factor in watering.
Keep in mind that you should never water more than 5% of the pot volume in veg but that’s if they’re in a appropriate sized pot.
Good luck

Several things…too much heat or light (yes–you can have too much for babies!) and re-calibrate your meter!!!
QUESTION: what soil are they in?
If it’s not ‘inert’’ they may be getting too much nitrogen from it-- hence the dark blue/green and clawing???
As for size of the planter…it’s a matter of preference…many do not like to repeatedly transplant, and are aiming for a more ‘natural’ area for the root system…like growing in the ground… But watering a small plant in a large planter without over/under watering or getting ‘dry pockets’ in the soil is tricky…

2 Likes

I’m with Lady.Z, getting too much nitrogen from the soil.

I guess that overwatering has apparently provoked root problems, that curling is not the typical N tox clawing:

it’s apparently starting to dry out and deteriorate like this other:

I like the text in the pic: :grin:

but this gives me some clues … beer3|nullxnull

Cannabis Plants With Root Problems Show Many Symptoms

• Cannabis may appear overwatered or droopy
  • Curling or cupping of leaves
  • Wilting – either individual stems wilt or the whole plant may wilt
  • Slow growth, or staying very small for weeks
  • Leaf yellowing, or sometimes even other colors like purple or red
  • Brown spots / Burnt spots
3 Likes

Well, you all just saved my crop! They were looking worse and worse by the hour. Now that iv stopped on the watering(giving it a good dry phase) they have stopped deteriorating. If nothing else it has salvaged what would be gone had i not asked here.

3 Likes