White Widow and Bubba Kush issues

Hi everyone, first time poster, first time grower here.

Little bit of back ground. These are two femized white widow and two feminzed, bubba kush, around 6 weeks old, under a 1000w MH, planted in fox farms ocean mix. My room sits at around 22-24 Celsus. And humidity sits around 35-40 . I water with a lightly fertilezed mix every 2nd watering and flush regular water every other. Watering every two days at the moment, just when the soil feels dry to first knuckle or so. just transplanted them into their final homes 3 or 4 days ago.

My leaf tips are curling down and under on some leaves but not all. And the Widows seem to be doing better than the bubbas with all the exact same treatment. I had transplanted them when I noticed the leaves to be curling I thought maybe root bound. But after 3 or 4 days transplanting they are not getting better. Sorry for the long winded post I’m a bit worried about my girls.

Any help is really appreciated…can answer any other questions that’ll help identify the issue I’m having. I’ve looked at a bunch of sick plant guides and it seems to point to over watering or N issues from under watering lol. So I’m not sure. Thanks

These first two are the bubba

These are the Widows. One widow is a week behind the other.

9 Likes

They look really healthy! I think your low humidity may be the cause, you should have around 60% according to chart here:

Wish you best with your grow! <3

3 Likes

Hi there they do look healthy
The first 2 pics do look a bit stressed downwards curl could be over water
But the yellowing of the leaves on the last pic is n deficiency

? What do you feed and how often

Sometimes you can do everything the same but some plants are a bit more troublesome then others

3 Likes

You might need to bump up feeds.

As I always ask, what’s your runoff pH?

Those don’t really look bad at all, I wouldn’t be too alarmed at this stage.

2 Likes

He said about every 2 days, and every 2nd is light nute regime… Thats why i think its environment, its something that affects all plants, but i dont see any nute def or excess…

1 Like

Hey guys thanks for the input.

I’ll try to raise the humidity.

I just started adding nutes in the last week. What I read on fox farms ocean mix is that the nutes in the soil should be enough to sustain the plants for 4-6 weeks. So when I hit the 5 week mark I started using 1/4 of the recommended dosage of fox farms grow big and a
1/4 of the recommended dosage of fox farms ocean sesame. Adding the nutes dropped my water PH down to 5.4 which is low for soil I know… going to the city on saturday to get some PH up.

Would a slightly lower ph than the plants have been used to cause the leaves to turn in like that? The PPM of the water was 450.

I’m not sure where papalag is seeing yellowing? Might just be the light in one of the pictures as the plants seem to be fairly uniform in a healthy green color.

And to vernal, I’ve never checked the PH of the run off but I will when I water tomorrow and update.

Thanks for the help gentlemen. I know the plants aren’t hurting yet l, but nipping this in the butt b4 it becomes a problem is the best course of action I think.

2 Likes

Were they perkier before transplant? They could be a little shocked maybe?

1 Like

They’re under a 1K just beginning to flower. Early/mid flower is when nutrient demands are highest. Light feeding isn’t doing the plant any favors. Not saying that’s 100% his problem, but they look a bit hungry to me. He also said he is dosing 1/4 strength fox farm. I get the best results just following the directions. I’ve used Fox Farm nutrients before.

1 Like

Grease monkey: they were about the same before transplant…transplant went well, the soil and root mass stayed the shape of the pot, placed in the new containers and filled around the sides, waited a day then watered. I had read it’s good to transplant into dry soil so roots will stretch and look for water. The seemed the right amount of root bound to be transplanted from the pictures I saw.

Vernal: could be hungry, as I said I just started adding additional nutes this week at 1/4 strength. First time using them and read to start real slow. You’re right though I am flipping the plants to 12/12 on monday. Wanted to have a full week of adding open seasame b4 I flipped to flowering. Maybe I should go up to 3/4 strength of recommended in next feeding?

1 Like

I recommend simply feeding what the instructions say, and adjust from there, if necessary. Going super light on the feedings won’t yield better product, but it will yield less of it. I had fine results with Fox Farm at the recommended levels.

3 Likes

Good to know! Thanks I’ll letter rip full strength tomorrow and post some pics maybe saturday. Let’s hope for the best.

2 Likes

I agree with @vernal feed as recommended

3 Likes

Thanks papa, appreciate the 2nd opinion!!

1 Like

Can you still give karma? I havnt been on overgrow in like 20 years lol.

1 Like

Vernal: I gave each plant about 2 liter of water with full strength nutes, got my hands on some ph up. So the ph of added water was 5.6. I PHd the run off and it came back at 5.1. I’m thinking maybe try to get the ph up over 6 on next watering to get the run off higher?

1 Like

As a long time grower, I can tell you that this is probably the reason that your plants are wilting.

Never transplant into dry soil, it can cause what is called root dessication, the drying out of the roots by the surrounding soil absorbing (stealing) moisture from within the roots. Also, transplanting can break roots if the soil is dry. Air temperature, wind and humidity also play a part in evaporation of plant moisture levels that can compound the problem. This can put the plant in shock and you’ll see issues right away, like wilting or foliage dying back.

Instead, transplant into moist soil to reduce, if not eliminate, transplant shock by minimizing the chance of root dessication happening.
Make sure to always water in freshly transplanted plants, as this helps the new soil stick to the rootball better and compact the soil just enough.

I use a half teaspoon of epsom salts in a gallon of water to water in my fresh transplants… it considerably reduces transplant shock in all kinds of plants. A little epsom may be sprinkled onto the soil when transplanting and watered in… that works well too.

2 Likes

Hey thanks for the help! Will do from now on. How do I deal with this going forward? They still look pretty healthy besides the wilting I think. Should they bounce back?

As soon as new roots start to grow, your plants should recover in no time.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks!

1 Like

Watering every 2 days may be too much. The buckets look pretty big for medium size plants. Try going 3-4 days, or until leafs just begin to droop.
I had some Blue Dream plants that would get curled claw leaf like that. They were super sensitive to too much water. They wanted to be very very dry all the time.
Just a thought…

2 Likes