I leave every light in the house on...just like Mom told me not too

When I leave my house there are thousands of watts of power rolling non stop all day
And night until I return. I have to pray a myriad of different problems does not occur. One of the most difficult parts of this sport. Living on the edge, why do I enjoy this so much…crazy man.
Skunky

12 Likes

Having a smoke alarm and fire extinguisher in the grow room should be mandatory. I try to use decent equipment and not get sloppy with the power cords but I still get butterflies in my stomach if I’m gone too long. The longer I’ve been growing the more I trust my equipment. I used to check connections daily but after a few years it’s more like weekly.

11 Likes

You can always ask an electrician if it’s safe😎

3 Likes

As long as you are within tolerance of your circuit I wouldn’t even worry about it.

I changed all the regular bulbs in my house to LEDs and that makes a huge difference. If you’re just talking about your grow lights that’s a different story :+1:

Note: I don’t listen to my mom either.

3 Likes

@SkunkHunt101
I use a temp gun similar to this one. Check plugs and electrical connections around your grow area for hot spots. It gives me some peace of mind.
Also can be used for leaf surface temp. (VPD).

7 Likes

The first hot spot I found with the temp gun was one of those analog timers, the ones with the pins. They get hot.
I switched to digital timers.

4 Likes

Excellent advice. Also one of the best tools that lots of people don’t own.

2 Likes

Intermatic Water Heater Timer is a bulletproof analog timer for lights on/off.

5 Likes

If wiring is half way decent or better, should be good to go.

If it looks like this

I’d ask for help 🫣

6 Likes