I need help with an insect problem

And a sweet bagged milk slumber to you sir

1 Like

With an infestation like this don’t waste your Time, fire em up :boom: :fire:
And clean all your growing material

2 Likes

Usually I come out of nowhere and scream “diatomaceous earth!!!”…but not even DE can’t fix that.
A fresh start is best.

5 Likes

In my experience. Its gone too far to save. When you see webbing like that its too late to fix it. Chop the garden and clean, clean, clean. Leave the room plant free for a few weeks or a month. The remaining bugs will die from starving. Don’t screw around trying to save the plant. She is done. And even if you put something on the plant that works (???) You would not want to smoke that nasty shit.
It a heartbreaker for sure. Last year I was growing a very long flowering sativa that got away from me with mites. I did like you, tryna save her. I already had 19 weeks in flower plus the veg time. Those mites were drinking the bug killer like it was DOS EQUIS during happy hour. I finally took the advice I was trying to avoid and chopped her down. Biggest plant I ever grew in a tent. But she was chopped and trashed. Sometimes you have to do the undesirable to get back on track. Trash that bitch and start over. In a few months it will be nothing but a distant memory. Good luck, buddy.

4 Likes

holy shit that’s funny man LOL
nearly spit my coffee all over the laptop :rofl:

4 Likes

I already cut the plants down. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Thanks. I appreciate the advice. I’m still fighting these things with some of the home remedies I’ve seen here.

I thought it was a good idea to come back and update this post for anyone that reads it in the future.

I think I got rid of these pests. I set up a garden sprayer with neem oil, and alcohol. I sprayed for a coupe weeks. I sprayed about every other day. Plants I had in flow and veg were thrown out. I replaced the damaged plants with clones.

The garden sprayer helped a ton here. Much better than using a spray bottle.

5 Likes

Salutations, petedacook!!
I know this is now older. It’s great to know your rebounding.

I’m throwing out this link, I love this place, as I use their stuff outdoors in my veg gardens, and I’ve used their biologicals when I let a top off on of my medium bins, fungus gnats went buck wild, in there!
I opened it up, and it was black mass of the wee feckers!
I bought one package (aimed for my pest) and WHAMO!
I did all my house plants, all my growing buckets, 2- 35 gallon totes of mixed up medium, and 2- totes of spent medium, waiting to reconstituted and get back into the fight. For about $40.00.
Lots of great information to read on a rainy day, and keep those wee mites off your grow.
Best to ya!!
webe

2 Likes

Beneficial nematodes are great for pests with a soil stage in their life cycle - like fungus gnats. I used nematodes and persimilis last time to solve my gnat problem.

3 Likes

FYI – “Abrisco.com” carries everything one should need. they also offer a printed catalog _ tons of information at site

1 Like

Do you use the bugs indoors or outdoors?

Thanks! Good stuff!

Either place, but you’re less likely to need them outside. Also, beneficial nematodes will stay in your pot outside but I don’t know how far rove beetles will rove - they’re pretty capable flyers. But I think enough would stick around to do their job as long as you mulch.

1 Like

Thanks! I hope I don’t have another pest issue, but if I do this will come in handy!