I wonder What if?

A spot for random “What If” questions when you’ve got that introspective weed. :grin:

What if time travel is unbelievably simple in the future, but your place in space is static.

If only your time changes, you would have to know the exact coordinates of the earth at the point in time you are teleporting to, the date alone would not be enough. This could make teleportation to a certain date nearly impossible, if you end up teleporting to some middle-of-nowhere location in the universe.
That could explain why we don’t know of anyone who has come back from the future.

6 Likes

I had postulated that as well, when I was in college. Not only would you need the exact coordinates, but you’d need coordinates at an exact space where nothing else currently is, or your atoms collide with ones already there. There is 1 workaround though… if you could access a parallel dimension where time flows backwards, you could exit at the time you needed, into your origin dimension.

3 Likes

@Niburan Quantum entanglement theory would prevent collision. If we are already connected to everything then things would just slide to the side to make room in anticipation of your arrival.

1 Like

what if we had wings? pretty bird, oh pretty bird

1 Like

You wouldn’t be entangled with the atoms there though, you might even be splitting timelines to create a parallel reality… numerous ways it could go in quantum theory

Depending on who you read though all atoms are entangled… across dimensions and space and time. Think Wrinkle in Time… But not this newest movie…it was an abomination.

1 Like

LOL it was so bad I renamed it Not A Wrinkle In Time in my movie folder… Been a HUGE fan of the book series since like 4’th grade. Taking the twins out and making it diversified was a horrible decision, since the ancestral lineage plays a HUGE part in the later books, effectively they can’t do the book series now with how they ruined the movie.

and about entanglement: "

By far the most particles in the visible universe aren’t quantum entangled. That’s obvious from observation, since if all electron spins e.g. would be entangled, all electrons would flip their spin at the same time, and we couldn’t observe varying statistics of electron spins in a sample, resulting in varying degrees of magnetism, e.g. by applying gradually changing exterior magnetic fields.

A second example: All (bosonic) atoms of spin 0 would form a Bose-Einstein condensate not just near absolute zero, since they would be in the same quantum state, hence in the lowest.

The “single source” isn’t a single quantum state. In the early phase of the big bang temperatures were very high, allowing for a huge amount of possible quantum states within a small volume. Without warranty you may think of the initial state of the universe as a superposition of all possible quantum states, the wave functions of which collapse relative to an observer, regarding the observer as a particular quantum state.

That way we get to the many world interpretation of quantum theory and a universal wave function. See also a proposed Hartle-Hawking state as a pre-Planck epoch of the universe."

2 Likes

what if? naw that too dumb

What if God was actually spelled ‘d’ ‘o’ ‘g’?

I’ll give 10 likes to whoever is old enough to remember the source of that one. :wink:

1 Like

For some reason I’m thinking Kelly bundy from married with children :thinking:

1 Like

Damnit, I fucked it up… oh well close enough…

What if C-A-T really spelled dog.

2 Likes

I watched that a few weeks ago so it rang a bell but lately I’ve been watching married with children from start to finish so I automatically thought Kelly :joy:

15% of the air you breathe
In an average metro station
Is human skin

Haha wrong place sorry

1 Like

What if all beings send out a sort of Hawking Radiation? Something similar to the sound waves we emit, the sunlight reflected off our bodies, and the auras some claim to see. It may then be plausible that humans would have the ability to sense certain phenomena, like the feeling that you’re being watched or knowing what someone is thinking without having to use words
Some supporting documentation

What if Kim Jong Un smoked a joint. Hmmmmm, yeah im high.

Think of all the fields of cannabis you could spot, stopping at each one to sample a nibble. Maybe transfer a little pollen here and there…yeah it would be awesome.